Rant about Windows 10 here! [formerly titled Share your Windows 10 experience!!]

Masochists rejoice!
MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Mood: Probably Depressed
Great Britain

Rant about Windows 10 here! [formerly titled Share your Windows 10 experience!!]

Unread post by MelonicOverlord »

Ladies and gentlemen I have brilliant news: I just found that Microsoft quietly announced the retirement of Windows 10 to be 2025. No idea how true that is but idk.
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Slightly Pro Front End WebDev
Sometimes Pro Gamer

MAIN PC: i5 9600KF@4.7GHz, 6600XT, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, 250GB + 500GB SSDs, 2TB HDD, Gentoo + Windows 11

LAPTOP: i5 4300U, Intel HD4400 Graphics, 2x240GB SSD, Gentoo + Windows 10

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

MelonicOverlord wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 11:34 Ladies and gentlemen I have brilliant news: I just found that Microsoft quietly announced the retirement of Windows 10 to be 2025. No idea how true that is but idk.
LMAO i just saw a Techlinked video regarding that.

Im so fucking happy right now.
Finally the Windows 10 fanbois will feel the pain, we did...
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

SkyeWeeb
United States of America

Unread post by SkyeWeeb »

MelonicOverlord wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 11:34 Ladies and gentlemen I have brilliant news: I just found that Microsoft quietly announced the retirement of Windows 10 to be 2025. No idea how true that is but idk.
That's just the EOL date for Windows 10 RTM LTSB. Unless Windows 11 is real, (which I doubt) Windows 10 won't be going anywhere.
19 year old dumbass.

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

SkyeWeeb wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 13:27
That's just the EOL date for Windows 10 RTM LTSB. Unless Windows 11 is real, (which I doubt) Windows 10 won't be going anywhere.
maybe they will rename it to just say "windows"
Tho it has been confirmed that microsoft is in fact working on a new project (probably a big Windows 10 overhaul) called "Windows Sun Valley"
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

Sun Valley sounds like the name of a Sonic zone. Nice name.

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

The Chemical Plant Zone is overrated, I much prefer the Sun Valley Zone. That's just me though.
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

Unread post by OwnedByWuigi »

Windows 10 is a disgrace to society. #uselinux

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Great Britain

docR wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 19:47 I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
i use arch btw. but yes this ^
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Sometimes Pro Gamer

MAIN PC: i5 9600KF@4.7GHz, 6600XT, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, 250GB + 500GB SSDs, 2TB HDD, Gentoo + Windows 11

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

MelonicOverlord wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 21:04
docR wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 19:47 I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

i use arch btw. but yes this ^

dastoopidfurrytwo

Unread post by dastoopidfurrytwo »

WAIT WHAT?????
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY THAT's WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Great Britain

dastoopidfurrytwo wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 09:25
WAIT WHAT?????
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY THAT's WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR
we now know that 2025 is indeed correct and that windows 11 does in fact exist

"last version of windows" aged well lmao
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Sometimes Pro Gamer

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

I HATE THIS OS SO MUCH IT IS A DISGRACE TO SOCIETY IT USES 4GB RAM ON IDLE. I USE 8GB RAM AND IT CONSTANTLY BSOD’S BECAUSE IF ITS UNPPTIMIZED MESS

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Great Britain

dastoopidfurry wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 17:30 I HATE THIS OS SO MUCH IT IS A DISGRACE TO SOCIETY IT USES 4GB RAM ON IDLE. I USE 8GB RAM AND IT CONSTANTLY BSOD’S BECAUSE IF ITS UNPPTIMIZED MESS
yes, windows 10 sucks

but no, you should not be IDLING at 4GB lmao...

scan your pc with something like malwarebytes and check how much you have running in the background at once. i have 16gb and i have loads of background stuff going, and im currently on discord, eclipse and steam store at same time and only using 6gb.
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Sometimes Pro Gamer

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

MelonicOverlord wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 17:33
dastoopidfurry wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 17:30 I HATE THIS OS SO MUCH IT IS A DISGRACE TO SOCIETY IT USES 4GB RAM ON IDLE. I USE 8GB RAM AND IT CONSTANTLY BSOD’S BECAUSE IF ITS UNPPTIMIZED MESS
yes, windows 10 sucks

but no, you should not be IDLING at 4GB lmao...

scan your pc with something like malwarebytes and check how much you have running in the background at once. i have 16gb and i have loads of background stuff going, and im currently on discord, eclipse and steam store at same time and only using 6gb.
aaa ok

SkyeWeeb
United States of America

Unread post by SkyeWeeb »

This probably shouldn't go here, and it probably would end up out of date soon enough, but Windows 11 seems to be making Windows 10 even worse.

How? Just look at 22000.51. It looks good, the return of the startup sound is nice, and its wallpapers are fucking amazing. HOWEVER, when you dig beneath the surface, it gets much worse. First off, why is 90% of the shell based on Edge Webview? You can press F7 to view the Caret Browsing dialog for fucks sake. A few apps also pull this shit too, and it blows my mind they'd let this happen. Secondly, what did they do to the UI? Windows 10's UI may have sucked ass, but at least it followed basic principals. When you open the start menu in Windows 10, All Apps is right there. In 8.1, the down arrow is at the bottom left. In 7 and below, All Programs is very close to the start button as well. In Windows 11, you have to move your cursor alllllll the way to the top right for no reason, just to be brought to the same All Apps UI Windows 10 has. Speaking of the start menu, why is half of the menu dedicated to showing 6 files you opened recently? Who the fuck wants that? At least put shit there like Computer or the user folder or Documents since people actually use those. Oh wait, those are buried behind Settings for no reason whatsoever, and are lined at the bottom, sort of like a fucked up version of Cinnamon's menu. But enough about the start menu. The taskbar is awful by default. The start menu was always in the bottom left for one reason. Fitt's Law. It's so you can shoot your mouse directly into the corner and click. Sure, you couldn't click the exact corner until XP, but the logic still applies. Windows 11 moved EVERYTHING to the center just to make it seem different. You can't just shoot your mouse into the corner anymore. You need to wiggle the cursor a bit to left of the center and click now. Not to mention the Show Desktop button. Ever since it got introduced in the Windows 7 builds, it always had its hitbox all the way into the corner of the screen. The only changes it really had was 8.x and 10 updating its design and the button becoming smaller in 8.1. Windows 11, on the other hand, decides to completely ignore Fitt's Law and make the button not work unless you hover over the button itself, which isn't even in the exact corner anymore. Why?! It baffles my mind how they could fuck up a simple design choice like that. Also, what the fuck happened to context menus? 10's were inconsistent as fuck but at least they were usable. 21996 had pretty good ones too, but 22000.51 ruined them so fucking much. First off, why is there so much padding? Second off, why is cut/copy/paste/whatever buttons at the top of the menu for no reason? To copy Office? Third off, why is the size of the menu inconsistent for submenus? Fourth off, that's even MORE context menu styles in Windows. Speaking of stupid changes for no reason, Explorer. What the fuck did they do? It's like they took Explorer and slapped a transparent command bar wannabe on top of a perfectly fine and more functional ribbon. Why? To make it look new? The ribbon was completely fine and more functional than this bullshit ever was. If you wanted to make a more clean version of Explorer, you have the command bar right there, WHICH STILL EXISTS IN THE OS, BY THE WAY. Open Admini- I mean Windows Tools and look for yourself. There's a command bar right there. Not to mention, why does Windows Tools not support dark mode and looks fucking terrible when you have it on? Anyway, if you then move to another folder in a Windows Tools window, what do you get? THE FUCKING RIBBON. Why is there three Explorers in Windows 11?! How does it get to that point?! Oh wait, it's fucking Microsoft. All they've been doing with Windows for the past decade is just layering a ton of useless shit on top of the Windows NT kernel just to make it seem like it's fresh and new. In reality, the same old 1988 code is still deep within the OS, and nothing will change that unless Microsoft rewrites Windows from scratch. Why do you people like Windows 8.x? Because you could fix the UI and make it look damn near identical to Windows 7. Windows 10, for as little customization as there is, could still customize Windows a little bit. Windows 11 removes practically any customization, and its default UI is a fucking mess. How did they think this was a good idea? I am fucking baffled. How do you even make an OS worse than 10? I... I just can't.

Tl;dr: 11 bad. (at least in its current form)
19 year old dumbass.

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

SkyeWeeb wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 07:29 This probably shouldn't go here, and it probably would end up out of date soon enough, but Windows 11 seems to be making Windows 10 even worse.

How? Just look at 22000.51. It looks good, the return of the startup sound is nice, and its wallpapers are fucking amazing. HOWEVER, when you dig beneath the surface, it gets much worse. First off, why is 90% of the shell based on Edge Webview? You can press F7 to view the Caret Browsing dialog for fucks sake. A few apps also pull this shit too, and it blows my mind they'd let this happen. Secondly, what did they do to the UI? Windows 10's UI may have sucked ass, but at least it followed basic principals. When you open the start menu in Windows 10, All Apps is right there. In 8.1, the down arrow is at the bottom left. In 7 and below, All Programs is very close to the start button as well. In Windows 11, you have to move your cursor alllllll the way to the top right for no reason, just to be brought to the same All Apps UI Windows 10 has. Speaking of the start menu, why is half of the menu dedicated to showing 6 files you opened recently? Who the fuck wants that? At least put shit there like Computer or the user folder or Documents since people actually use those. Oh wait, those are buried behind Settings for no reason whatsoever, and are lined at the bottom, sort of like a fucked up version of Cinnamon's menu. But enough about the start menu. The taskbar is awful by default. The start menu was always in the bottom left for one reason. Fitt's Law. It's so you can shoot your mouse directly into the corner and click. Sure, you couldn't click the exact corner until XP, but the logic still applies. Windows 11 moved EVERYTHING to the center just to make it seem different. You can't just shoot your mouse into the corner anymore. You need to wiggle the cursor a bit to left of the center and click now. Not to mention the Show Desktop button. Ever since it got introduced in the Windows 7 builds, it always had its hitbox all the way into the corner of the screen. The only changes it really had was 8.x and 10 updating its design and the button becoming smaller in 8.1. Windows 11, on the other hand, decides to completely ignore Fitt's Law and make the button not work unless you hover over the button itself, which isn't even in the exact corner anymore. Why?! It baffles my mind how they could fuck up a simple design choice like that. Also, what the fuck happened to context menus? 10's were inconsistent as fuck but at least they were usable. 21996 had pretty good ones too, but 22000.51 ruined them so fucking much. First off, why is there so much padding? Second off, why is cut/copy/paste/whatever buttons at the top of the menu for no reason? To copy Office? Third off, why is the size of the menu inconsistent for submenus? Fourth off, that's even MORE context menu styles in Windows. Speaking of stupid changes for no reason, Explorer. What the fuck did they do? It's like they took Explorer and slapped a transparent command bar wannabe on top of a perfectly fine and more functional ribbon. Why? To make it look new? The ribbon was completely fine and more functional than this bullshit ever was. If you wanted to make a more clean version of Explorer, you have the command bar right there, WHICH STILL EXISTS IN THE OS, BY THE WAY. Open Admini- I mean Windows Tools and look for yourself. There's a command bar right there. Not to mention, why does Windows Tools not support dark mode and looks fucking terrible when you have it on? Anyway, if you then move to another folder in a Windows Tools window, what do you get? THE FUCKING RIBBON. Why is there three Explorers in Windows 11?! How does it get to that point?! Oh wait, it's fucking Microsoft. All they've been doing with Windows for the past decade is just layering a ton of useless shit on top of the Windows NT kernel just to make it seem like it's fresh and new. In reality, the same old 1988 code is still deep within the OS, and nothing will change that unless Microsoft rewrites Windows from scratch. Why do you people like Windows 8.x? Because you could fix the UI and make it look damn near identical to Windows 7. Windows 10, for as little customization as there is, could still customize Windows a little bit. Windows 11 removes practically any customization, and its default UI is a fucking mess. How did they think this was a good idea? I am fucking baffled. How do you even make an OS worse than 10? I... I just can't.

Tl;dr: 11 bad. (at least in its current form)
Fitt's Law is the only reason why Windows 10 was slightly good at ALL. YES I SAID IT I AM SICK OF PRETENDING THAT WINDOWS 10 IS REALLY GOOD. I HATE THIS OS AND IT'S USERBASE WHO MAKE PEOPLE BRAINWASHED INTO INSTALLING WIN10

Dibya
India

Unread post by Dibya »

When i got my new laptop , first few month Windows 10 kept on making fingerprint scanner disappear after security patches

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

10 is utterly covered with these cases; in fact, just ran into one recently. It flipped the screen on a vertical orientation and turned off cleartype for no apparent reason. It's definitely not a 3rd party program freaking out because i didn't install anything prior to it. IME like i've said in the other thread, suffers the same issue; and the solution for all this? is always updating suspiciously enough.

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

MassClaw wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 16:56 10 is utterly covered with these cases; in fact, just ran into one recently. It flipped the screen on a vertical orientation and turned off cleartype for no apparent reason. It's definitely not a 3rd party program freaking out because i didn't install anything prior to it. IME like i've said in the other thread, suffers the same issue; and the solution for all this? is always updating suspiciously enough.
I don't think ClearType was an issue since I never see a difference but the screen orientation... HOW

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

Windows 10 was the worst OS I ever used. Even the worst LInux Distros are better then this pile of bug that this OS is.

It constantly BSODd on startup and randomly BSODd whenever I do daily tasks like opening Firefox and viewing my downloads or recycle bin. I had to switch to Linux then Win7 and then 8.0. I will not be updating to Windows 11 and I will keep using Windows 8.0.

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

You don't have to reply when i'm above you but yes; it was by random when 1909 was near it's end of service date; made sure it wasn't abnormal background activity or the pivot software freaking out too. Regarding cleartype, when completely disabled, the system font becomes heavily pixelated and sharp as hell to the point where you can't even read it at normal distances, it was a pain in the ass but nothing major.

dragogos

Unread post by dragogos »

My experience with Windows 10 was horrible. I switched from Windows XP to Windows 10 and I regret doing that. The thing would run slow on a Haswell i5 with a 72000 RPM drive and 8 GB ram. Visual Basic 6 would run like crap on the thing. I didn't even get 100 FPS on Half Life 2, just 90, but on 7 I got 100+ FPS. Should I not forget that removing bloatware and the Microsoft store does NOTHING because if you create a new user account, the bloat will be reinstalled. Some time later I decided to switch to Windows 10 LTSC, and did that resolve any problems? Well, there was no bloatware or telemetry, but the thing STILL ran slow and then, the PC I was using had it's motherboard die. So, I had an Dell OptiPlex with an i5 lying around with 8 gigs of ram. Guess what I did. I installed Windows 7 on it and it ran great. If there was support for XP on this PC, I would ABSOLUTELY upgrade. Now, Windows 7 is going to be ruined because applications are starting to not support Windows 7 and Windows 11 is crap too (read my last topic). Pretty much, Windows has been ruined. I will switch to linux, but I will still use Windows XP and Windows 7. Please for the love of god, switch to linux everybody.

EverythingeeB
Mood: Chungus
Canada

Unread post by EverythingeeB »

My experience with Windows 10 was really good at the beginning, but it just tapered off over time when I started to realize how much slower and bloated the OS would later become. I was in the Insider Program back in 2015 for Windows 10, and using it on an HP Pavilion DM1 with an AMD E-350. And by gosh did Windows 10 look modern compared to 7. Not saying that 7 doesn't look nice, it's just that it's design is a bit dated. I got Windows 10 on my main machine (also an E-350) when it came out on July 31st, 2015. I really liked the experience. To me it was a much faster, less laggy 7. And yes, Windows 7 was laggy, and Windows 10 was much smoother IMO. However, I noticed over the years after that that things began to really slow down even more on Windows 10. I had made a few hardware changes at first, an SSD in late-2016 and a laptop with an A10-5750M in late 2017, and then my own personal machine in 2019 with a Pentium T4300. At that point, I started to notice how painfully slow Windows 10 was, and I decided to switch to 8.1 in July of 2019. 8.1 was a wayyy better experience IMO, even though I didn't even have a touchscreen machine. I used 8.1 until November of 2020 when I upgraded to 10 again, but then I upgraded to 11 when it came out because it looked nicer and at that point my experience with 10 was so bad I never wanted to use it again.
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/everythingeeB

Main Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 / Ryzen 5 4600H / 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz / 256GB SSD / 1TB HDD / GTX 1650Ti Max-P / EndeavourOS Linux
Retro PC/Server/Backup Desktop: Lenovo Thinkcentre M57 6072 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2 x 1GB DDR2 667Mhz / 200GB HDD / Radeon R5 240 / Arch Linux
Phone: Galaxy S3 (December 2017 - June 2019) / iPhone 5 (June 2019 - April 2020) / iPhone 6S (April 2020 - March 2022) / iPhone XS (March 2022 - Present)

ImShreyasKaranth
India

Unread post by ImShreyasKaranth »

I'm having Dell Inspiron 5558 from 2013. It came with Windows 8.1 Home Single Language. I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Single Language in 2020 as UWP app's experience were becoming worse. It run Windows 8.1 so smoother. It was a great experience. When I upgarded to Windows 10, I replace HDD with SSD. With that, Windows 10 is a lot smoother and I'm currently running Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21h1.
Uses Windows 10 on my primary PC and Windows 8.1 on my secondary PC. I like Windows 2k, XP, Vista(Huge fan of Vista) , 7, 8.1 and 10 too. I hate Windows 11 and ME.

ImShreyasKaranth
India

Unread post by ImShreyasKaranth »

dragogos wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 18:44 My experience with Windows 10 was horrible. I switched from Windows XP to Windows 10 and I regret doing that. The thing would run slow on a Haswell i5 with a 72000 RPM drive and 8 GB ram. Visual Basic 6 would run like crap on the thing. I didn't even get 100 FPS on Half Life 2, just 90, but on 7 I got 100+ FPS. Should I not forget that removing bloatware and the Microsoft store does NOTHING because if you create a new user account, the bloat will be reinstalled. Some time later I decided to switch to Windows 10 LTSC, and did that resolve any problems? Well, there was no bloatware or telemetry, but the thing STILL ran slow and then, the PC I was using had it's motherboard die. So, I had an Dell OptiPlex with an i5 lying around with 8 gigs of ram. Guess what I did. I installed Windows 7 on it and it ran great. If there was support for XP on this PC, I would ABSOLUTELY upgrade. Now, Windows 7 is going to be ruined because applications are starting to not support Windows 7 and Windows 11 is crap too (read my last topic). Pretty much, Windows has been ruined. I will switch to linux, but I will still use Windows XP and Windows 7. Please for the love of god, switch to linux everybody.
You can try Windows 8.1. It's great and is a lot smoother. I use it on my secondary machine and it runs pretty much great.
Uses Windows 10 on my primary PC and Windows 8.1 on my secondary PC. I like Windows 2k, XP, Vista(Huge fan of Vista) , 7, 8.1 and 10 too. I hate Windows 11 and ME.

SatoshiHikari
Mood: Perfect
United States of America

Unread post by SatoshiHikari »

whatever happens with windows 10 from 2023 (this year) onwards will decide how windows 10s final years go