Could I build your NM browsers on MSYS2?

The official support forum for the browser platform based on Goanna/UXP by roytam1, servicing many Windows 2000/XP users (particularly those on older hardware).

Moderator: roytam1

dkayxdx0
Vietnam

Unread post by dkayxdx0 »

I have no experience with MSVC and it's too heavy on computer. I mean it takes up so much space. I have a small SSD but my computer is capable enough to build Pale Moon from source on Linux with just about 45 mins. Now I'm on Windows and I use MSYS2 because of the familiar shell I used to work with on Linux. I wanted to know if I could build your NM browsers on MSYS2.

I know MSYS2 is Windows 7+ only but the binary generated by it seems has no problems running on older versions of Windows, given you don't use the UCRT64 target and only use MSVCRT target. I have mutiples small SSDs (120G each), which I give to Linux, Windows 7 and Windows XP respectively. My system is a triple boot system. I think building NM myself on my own computer I could gain more performance. I want to try.

dkayxdx0
Vietnam

Unread post by dkayxdx0 »

By MSYS2 I really mean MinGW. It seems Mozilla Build is already using MSYS2. I wanted to build NM using MinGW's GCC.

roytam1
Local Moderator
Hong Kong

Unread post by roytam1 »

dkayxdx0 wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 11:19 By MSYS2 I really mean MinGW. It seems Mozilla Build is already using MSYS2. I wanted to build NM using MinGW's GCC.
not really tried at the moment, feodor2 gave some hints about it.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/182647-my-browser-builds-part-3/page/49/#comment-1204827