Changing the font color in Firefox

Web browsers, old and new, Firefox/Gecko, Chromium, Safari/WebKit, Opera/Presto, etc.
Moline
United States of America

Unread post by Moline »

I just installed Windows 8.1 to a Dell Latitude E6530 that I just got, installed a Windows 7 theme, through the help of WR3n got the Windows 8 consumer preview Ribbon (which was actually first seen in Office 2007), installed Glass8 (restores Aero Glass), and then customized it so the taskbar would be blue with transparency and the windows appear black with transparency. Only problem with this is the default font on Firefox is black and the desktop background I use has lots of black, which makes reading the tabs that I have open impossible unless I hover over them. Anyone know how to change the Firefox font color? I thought it was a Windows font color issue until I realized that on items such as Explorer, it glows and is readable while Firefox's is not. A picture to show the problem will be included below. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Font color.PNG
Font color.PNG (13.98 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
View my computers here. If you also need Windows help, get it here as well: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Moline wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 15:02 I just installed Windows 8.1 to a Dell Latitude E6530 that I just got, installed a Windows 7 theme, through the help of WR3n got the Windows 8 consumer preview Ribbon (which was actually first seen in Office 2007), installed Glass8 (restores Aero Glass), and then customized it so the taskbar would be blue with transparency and the windows appear black with transparency. Only problem with this is the default font on Firefox is black and the desktop background I use has lots of black, which makes reading the tabs that I have open impossible unless I hover over them. Anyone know how to change the Firefox font color? I thought it was a Windows font color issue until I realized that on items such as Explorer, it glows and is readable while Firefox's is not. A picture to show the problem will be included below. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Font color.PNG
You'll either need a custom theme or disable the new theme.
R3n who?

SkyeWeeb
United States of America

Unread post by SkyeWeeb »

wR3n wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 18:46 You'll either need a custom theme or disable the new theme.
I wouldn't recommend disabling Proton. Mozilla will 100% remove it at some point. Custom userchrome.css with Proton on honestly looks better than Photon did anyway, at least for me.
19 year old dumbass.

Moline
United States of America

Unread post by Moline »

Well, this thread is now useless. Downgraded from 8.1 to 7 as whenever I would wake the laptop from sleep mode, it would freeze. I narrowed this down to a driver as using Refresh This PC got rid of the freezes after sleep mode, but when I would update the rest of the drivers using Driver Booster (after obtaining what was on Dell's website), it would cause the computer to freeze coming out of sleep mode again. Hopefully 7 works as it was what came installed on this laptop (and this was well before I bought it off eBay).
View my computers here. If you also need Windows help, get it here as well: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/

Moline
United States of America

Unread post by Moline »

Moline wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 14:25 Well, this thread is now useless. Downgraded from 8.1 to 7 as whenever I would wake the laptop from sleep mode, it would freeze. I narrowed this down to a driver as using Refresh This PC got rid of the freezes after sleep mode, but when I would update the rest of the drivers using Driver Booster (after obtaining what was on Dell's website), it would cause the computer to freeze coming out of sleep mode again. Hopefully 7 works as it was what came installed on this laptop (and this was well before I bought it off eBay).
Here to say I found out what driver was causing the laptop to freeze coming out of sleep mode (and sharing this may help other people who may have this same laptop and same problem). For reference, here is the laptop model: Dell Latitude E6530, Ivy Bridge with Intel HD 4000 Graphics, Windows 8.1 (I needed to upgrade from 7 as Wiimotes do not work properly with 7's Bluetooth manager and there's no guarantee that the Bluetooth Adapter I ordered comes with its own software).

Basically, what I did was install each driver one by one with Driver Booster. For the drivers I knew didn't cause the issue, I selected those and only those and restarted as needed. For the others, I made a restore point (labeling it with that driver I was about to install) before installing and then installed the driver. I then rinse and repeated, restarting as necessary, and putting the laptop in sleep mode after each one and then waking it up. I installed all of the drivers until I was left with the SD Host Controller. I made a restore point, installed it, restarted, and then put the laptop into sleep mode. Once I woke it up, it froze immediately. I forced shut it down and used System Restore from USB to uninstall only that device, got back in, put it in sleep mode, woke it up, and no freezes. I then went back into Driver Booster and told it to ignore all updates for this device. Windows Update may upgrade that device when you install all the updates, but you can roll that back to the working version (the one that does not freeze windows upon waking the laptop up from sleep mode).

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

Weird, but at least it found it's way. About the earlier issue though, i believe this can be modified, essentially CSSing it but i don't know the element's name nor a documentation for this.

Moline
United States of America

Unread post by Moline »

I found the fix to this problem! In FireFox, you can select different themes such as Appenglow. Just select one of those and it will override the Windows theme for FireFox only.

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

I forgot about this thread. I did figure this out when modifying a Firefox userChrome.css
https://github.com/K4sum1/WaveFox-Win-7
R3n who?