Windows 7 In 2023-Beyond : State Of Windows Thread

Aero ♡
SatoshiHikari
Mood: Perfect
United States of America

Windows 7 In 2023-Beyond : State Of Windows Thread

Unread post by SatoshiHikari »

with the extended esu updates ending soon and no extension being made will windows 7 still be usable beyond 2023? with as much as ive seen drivers slowly disappear from compatibility and all the windows 10-11 nag screens I just don't know so my question is will it still be usable in 2023-beyond?
Last edited by SatoshiHikari on 29 Feb 2024, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

SatoshiHikari
Mood: Perfect
United States of America

state of windows 7 in 2023-beyond?

Unread post by SatoshiHikari »

continuation of my series (state if windows)

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Windows 7 has the greatest chance of staying usable as it's the most popular of the out of support operating systems.
R3n who?

TheMessengerVEVO
Mood: "Iced Water" - john lennon
Russia

Unread post by TheMessengerVEVO »

K4sum1 wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 07:33 Windows 7 has the greatest chance of staying usable as it's the most popular of the out of support operating systems.
ive looked at alot of monitors over here in my life, and most people over here either use windows 10, or windows xp. i havent seen that many people using 7 (besides me and family), but the fact people still use it really shows how good that OS is. also i MAY have seen someone using something even older than xp, but i think that was just a classic skin? idunno, ill probably never find out...
And in the end, the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake... (also retrobar ftw)

Bird
Germany

Unread post by Bird »

In a similar way to Windows XP, Windows 7 will need some configuration to be useable in the future. Windows 7 is quite chatty by default, so I did cut all Microsoft-related traffic off my network, including updates. So no problems with nagging screens here. It's not suitable for online banking anyways, so security updates aren't needed and older browsers do the job fine.

The step from Windows 7 to Windows 8 was the biggest of all Windows versions in my opinion. There must be even more fans out there for Windows 7 than for Windows Vista. And Vista got some hot new stuff from the community as well.

Just use appropriate hardware. So not the newest, maybe everything between 2010-2018...2019...2020(?). Then you'll have a good time with Windows 7 for a long time.