The OS of the 2000s.
prints
Mood: Protective
Japan

Windows XP guide

Unread post by prints »

A little guide I put together for using Windows XP in the present day:
http://www.prints.pink/unlisted/windowsxp.html
Most of this information is likely common knowledge in a forum such as this, but I hope it might still be useful to a few.
Suggestions and criticism are welcomed.

Bird
Germany

Windows XP guide

Unread post by Bird »

On the low-spec end of the scale, I think Windows XP is useful on eveything above 1 GHz. Still, running it on a 400 MHz Celeron is worth a try, but that machine would perform better with Windows 98. Maybe someone who finds a trashy machine from the year 2000 wonders about it.

My favourite piece of software is Teamspeak 2, the old voicechat client. It runs on newer Windows systems as well as on older Windows systems, like XP. Still, lots of open public servers available.

Aren't there any proper XP cracking tools out there? Just asking, because they exist for other Windows systems as well.

Good guide, prints. The amount of current Windows XP videos, that miss out on the so important new browsers like New Moon for example, still show us that it has to be written down, how XP can be done properly nowadays.

prints
Mood: Protective
Japan

Windows XP guide

Unread post by prints »

Bird wrote: 12 Sep 2023, 08:58 My favourite piece of software is Teamspeak 2, the old voicechat client. It runs on newer Windows systems as well as on older Windows systems, like XP. Still, lots of open public servers available.

Aren't there any proper XP cracking tools out there? Just asking, because they exist for other Windows systems as well.
TeamSpeak 2 added =w=

Yes, it seems that this tool was discovered in recent months, I am surprised I hadn't found it before now: https://tinyapps.org/blog/202304230700_xp_wpa.html
I have added it to the guide as well

Bird
Germany

Windows XP guide

Unread post by Bird »

Ah, you found an key activation program as well.

I was about to write about trying out the search terms "Windows Activation Scripts". This leads to a developer being called Massgravel. His scripts has been online for quite a while and Microsoft doesn't seem to bother to remove them.