My Summer Car - General

Gaming news, game consoles, game issues, console/game mods, etc.
lodocus
Turkey

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by lodocus »

I've created this topic for the MSC players in this forum. We can discuss how broken the Unity physics are or each others Satsuma's problems or experiences with the game or anything really! :ugeek:
Attachments
i won the junior rally tonight lol
i won the junior rally tonight lol

MassClaw

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by MassClaw »

I find this game abit puzziling, did they really strike the balance between customisability and driving that well?

CRMX
Mood: Indescribable
Norway

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by CRMX »

MassClaw wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 15:25 I find this game abit puzziling, did they really strike the balance between customisability and driving that well?
Same tbh.

I got the game recently, and while I love the concept, I feel that getting started is really hard, not due to outright difficulty, but simply not knowing where to start.

I also feel like the balance between "life simulator" and "incredibly detailed rebuilding of a car" is also not as good as it could've been imo.
Over and out.

MassClaw

My Summer Car - General

Yes. It seem to be very open-ended, which isn't that bad and could possibly be a refreshing concept but it often makes driving suffer or it ending up to be a jack of all trades; which has it's niche, i liked plenty of games that rightfully deserve criticism. But they had that one glowing aspect of them that brings you back everytime and i think this is might be one of them.

lodocus
Turkey

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by lodocus »

Well yes, game does have a pretty steep start. My start was a little less steep since I've started playing the game before the van you own in the very beggining became into something you didnt own, so i drived around, experienced a little and then think to myself maybe it is worth building that rust bucket. And it was. I have around 300 hours now. I dont play much recently since the game is close to get fully released (Yes the game is early access at the moment and its been like that for a long time.) so there is nothing much new to do. All of these are my personal experiences and it might differ between each. Though I am excited to tell you that My WINTER Car has been announced officially so.. Maybe you should give it a go this time around?

MassClaw

My Summer Car - General

Gave it a look but the game sadly seems way too broad in scope for a driving game, the graphics requires bearing with too; though it has a really interesting history behind it, nice for what it is though.

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Mood: Probably Depressed
Great Britain

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by MelonicOverlord »

lodocus wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 05:47 I've created this topic for the MSC players in this forum. We can discuss how broken the Unity physics are or each others Satsuma's problems or experiences with the game or anything really! :ugeek:
Personally I haven't really ever had issues with the Physics, other than if something glitches and causes everything to just have a heart attack. The only issues I have really come across is with the DonnerTech Turbo+Ecu mod producing just too much power. You'll spin wheels all the way through 1st-4th. I also play with a steering wheel and it's still hard to keep under control. It also makes the clutch super sensitive and glitchy too for some reason, had to put on stock flywheel for it to even be slightly driveable. The Ferndale is also pretty much just USELESS on dirt roads at this point.

I also find it sad how many good mods are broken and not getting updated - the house lifter, pit cover etc.

Also unless you were wondering I managed to do a 9.5s pass at the drag strip on the turbo (not played in a fair moment so might not be quite correct)
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Slightly Pro Front End WebDev
Sometimes Pro Gamer

MAIN PC: i5 9600KF@4.7GHz, 6600XT, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, 250GB + 500GB SSDs, 2TB HDD, Gentoo + Windows 11

LAPTOP: i5 4300U, Intel HD4400 Graphics, 2x240GB SSD, Gentoo + Windows 10

lodocus
Turkey

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by lodocus »

MelonicOverlord wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 18:55
lodocus wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 05:47 I've created this topic for the MSC players in this forum. We can discuss how broken the Unity physics are or each others Satsuma's problems or experiences with the game or anything really! :ugeek:
Personally I haven't really ever had issues with the Physics, other than if something glitches and causes everything to just have a heart attack. The only issues I have really come across is with the DonnerTech Turbo+Ecu mod producing just too much power. You'll spin wheels all the way through 1st-4th. I also play with a steering wheel and it's still hard to keep under control. It also makes the clutch super sensitive and glitchy too for some reason, had to put on stock flywheel for it to even be slightly driveable. The Ferndale is also pretty much just USELESS on dirt roads at this point.

I also find it sad how many good mods are broken and not getting updated - the house lifter, pit cover etc.

Also unless you were wondering I managed to do a 9.5s pass at the drag strip on the turbo (not played in a fair moment so might not be quite correct)
Finally a fellow MSC player.

Personally I don't use DonnerTech myself since I'm fine with its speed and just like to make the car sleeper. Speaking of dead mods, the M1911a1 mod was one of my favorite. Shooting everything was very fun. Wish the dev bothered to update it or someone else just updated the mod themselves. Perhaps the source code isn't released for it

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Mood: Probably Depressed
Great Britain

My Summer Car - General

Unread post by MelonicOverlord »

lodocus wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 09:29
MelonicOverlord wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 18:55

Finally a fellow MSC player.

Personally I don't use DonnerTech myself since I'm fine with its speed and just like to make the car sleeper. Speaking of dead mods, the M1911a1 mod was one of my favorite. Shooting everything was very fun. Wish the dev bothered to update it or someone else just updated the mod themselves. Perhaps the source code isn't released for it
Sadly I never got to try that in time before it broke.

The speed isn't too bad unless you want to go far fast
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Slightly Pro Front End WebDev
Sometimes Pro Gamer

MAIN PC: i5 9600KF@4.7GHz, 6600XT, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, 250GB + 500GB SSDs, 2TB HDD, Gentoo + Windows 11

LAPTOP: i5 4300U, Intel HD4400 Graphics, 2x240GB SSD, Gentoo + Windows 10