Concept Eclipse Products

Have a concept you made and want to share? This is the place.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by K4sum1 »

This is going to be a thread where I post various concepts that I wish I could make, but I don't have the coding or other knowledge or resources to do so.

I'm only decent with paint.net, not coding.
R3n who?

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Lun3r Browser

Unread post by K4sum1 »

It would be a fork of Firefox 45 or 47 with working e10s, better WebExtensions support, able to quickly render Mega and VirusTotal and Discord and others, and general improvements that would come from focusing on actually improving the browser.

It would include a UI similar to Pale Moon and be 100% compatible with Pale Moon themes. Or the themes would be at least easy to port to the Lun3r browser.
Attachments
Eclipse Lun3r.png
R3n who?

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept ePhone (Eclipse Phone or Everything Phone)

Unread post by K4sum1 »

16:9 or 18:9?
I have both the XZ1C (16:9) and XZ2C (18:9) and I find myself preferring the XZ1C or 16:9 display. This could be because of other design differences though, and I would need to try both concept ePhones as prototypes to decide.

16:9:
118mm x 65mm x 10mm
120g?
4.6in AMOLED, 16:9, 1080x1920, 480 DPI, 102mm x 57mm, ~76% screen to body ratio.
► Show Spoiler
18:9:
130mm x 65mm x 10mm
130g?
5.0in AMOLED, 18:9, 1080x2160, 480 DPI, 114mm x 57mm, ~77% screen to body ratio.
► Show Spoiler
ePhone (Eclipse Phone or Everything Phone)
All plastic phone, plastic screen, sides, and back.
High quality matte plastic. Back has the texture of the XZ2C back plastic. Sides and front are XZ1C plastic texture.
Snapdragon 6 or 7 of current gen, perhaps even undervolted.
Dual SIM and MicroSD go in slots under the back cover.
Pre-applied glass screen protector with option of either normal or privacy.
1 wide back camera, zoomable with OIS
1 ultrawide back camera with OIS
(One of the back cameras would also have a macro mode that lets it focus in on very close objects)
1 wide front camera with OIS
Headphone Jack
IR Blaster
FM radio and transmitter
USB 4 Type C
Side fingerprint scanner
Rebindable action button
4000? mAh removable battery. Able to be powered on without battery while plugged in. Battery has switch to switch it from 80% capacity to 100%. Defaults to 80% to prolong usable life so it takes longer for it to expand or die.
Internal pins for various uses or attachments.
Wireless charging coil is connected to the back and attaches to a couple internal pins. Also has reverse charging too.
Illuminated Eclipse logo is also connected to the back and also attaches to a couple internal pins.

Flipper Zero features?
If the phone is ever realized, this might be an issue for regulatory reasons since it's banned in Canada, but it would be cool to have more than just the basic NFC reader and whatever. Phones already have a lot of the hardware to do something like this. Would also add to the Everything Phone idea.

Front has the screen surrounded by big speakers on the top and bottom, similar to Axon 7.
Back is plastic and comes off like an old phone.
Sides are flat plastic.

Colors:
In the images, I've only mocked up black. It's the Eclipse site background tiled. This is meant to replicate a matte black plastic with a purple tinge. I might make mockups with other colors like purple, white, blue, green, red, or more in the future.

Keyboard attachment:
This is an accessory that clips in place of the removable back to add a keyboard. Connecting to the internal pins to provide a sliding keyboard. I assume this would add 5mm or so and probably 10-20g.

A few extra things to give context:
ePhone may be copyrighted as there is also an ePhone product by another company. If this ever gets realized and this is an issue, it can be instead called the Everything Phone, which can unofficially be called the ePhone. The name also makes fun of the Nothing Phone.

The phone is all plastic to make it lighter and more durable. I want this phone to be very light. If realized it may need a metal frame to dissipate heat and give more rigidity, but I want it as light as possible.

The screen comes with a glass screen protector to have the best of both worlds. It feels like glass and has the scratch protection of glass, but if it breaks, you can just take it off and keep using the phone. Screen would be inset enough to keep the glass protector slightly inset from the front plastic bezel for extra drop protection.

I mention XZ1C and XZ2C when discussing the plastic build. These are the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and XZ2 Compact. The plastic on the XZ1C is high quality, matte, feels flat or smooth but shows scratches pretty easily. The plastic on the XZ2C feels more like if frosted glass was plastic and doesn't show scratches as much. I really like how both feel, and think this would be the best of both worlds. I think the XZ2C plastic makes more sense for the back since the back is what gets set on desks and whatever the most. It also gives a big surface area to feel the plastic which I love to do on my XZ2C. I also like feeling the XZ1C plastic, but not as much. The XZ1C plastic is less slick or more grippy than the XZ2C plastic so I also think this helps for the sides where you're mostly gripping the phone. The front is kept XZ1C plastic since I want to keep the non-removable plastic uniform, and I don't think XZ2C plastic would be as good of a fit with the speaker holes and such.

The speakers are so big because I can have trouble understanding people on the phone. Having a bigger speaker means it's louder and higher quality. The bottom speaker is equally big to make it more symmetrical and to have better and more equal stereo sound. Although I might be fine going tri bezelless and mono sound since it's mostly earpiece I want.

I don't like super thin bezels or notches or curved edges. I find myself accidentally touching the screen on my XZ2C when I use it because of the thin bezels and flush design while the XZ1C has thicker bezels and the screen is a bit inset.

Yes I put this much work into something that may never exist. A man can dream.
R3n who?

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by OwnedByWuigi »

I don't like super thin bezels or notches or curved edges. I find myself accidentally touching the screen on my XZ2C when I use it because of the thin bezels and flush design while the XZ1C has thicker bezels and the screen is a bit inset.
What about the Infinity Display found in Samsung S8/S9 but with thicker bezels on the sides, and flat sides to avoid accidental taps?

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Concept Eclipse Products

Unread post by K4sum1 »

OwnedByWuigi wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 12:45 What about the Infinity Display found in Samsung S8/S9 but with thicker bezels on the sides, and flat sides to avoid accidental taps?
That's basically a normal phone screen before things went to shit and what I did.
R3n who?