Odd issue with Waterfox G3 and cookies.

Web browsers, old and new, Firefox/Gecko, Chromium, Safari/WebKit, Opera/Presto, etc.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Odd issue with Waterfox G3 and cookies.

Unread post by K4sum1 »

So, I've been using Waterfox G3 for the past little while, and it doesn't like some cookies from various sites.

I allow all cookies, excluding third party, and use uMatrix to block the first cookie parties, only allowing them when they're needed. This worked fine in the early days of Waterfox G3, but an odd issue eventually popped up.

Some sites work normally, and I stay logged in, like Reddit, Discord, and YouTube, while some others I get logged out after a couple hours, like eclipse.cx. Some websites get bugged, and I'm just unable to log in using Waterfox G3, no matter how many times I clear the cookies. For example, this happened to my FreeNAS NAS, going to the domain I set for it doesn't allow me to log in, but if I go to the network IP, I can log in just fine.

I thought this was just my browser profile being corrupted in some way, but Waterfox G3 on my laptop experiences the same issue, and it has a pretty fresh profile. It's the profile I copied to my PC and used, but never updated on my laptop, and it was only recently that my PC had the issue, long after I put the profile on my PC. It has a couple hundred history entries, mostly me just looking up info, and configuring and testing my various addons.

I don't know if this is an issue with a old profile being updated to a newer G3 version, my addon config, a broken update that hasn't been patched, or just a coincidence. Does anyone else experience the issues I'm having?
R3n who?