Windows 7 bluescreens at random times of day (pci.sys,) but no bluescreen?

Aero ♡
hana
United States of America

Unread post by hana »

Old post, the issue has been resolved now
Attachments
070221-6349-01.dmp.txt
(397.59 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
WER-16239-0.sysdata.xml
(231.72 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

It's fine you posted in the right section. Also, isn't that dump of a VM? I'm not really seeing your CPU getting a passthrough (Might be wrong though).

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

Unread post by OwnedByWuigi »

NWinXP wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 17:20 So I decided to "upgrade" my Windows 10 dualboot install to Windows 7 (dualbooted with Arch Linux.) It worked out and I managed to install it, put my Windows Longhorn themes on it and install some programs, but there is a problem. At random times of day, the PC decides to bluescreen itself. Heck, I even got a BSOD while writing this. However, the BSOD does not display on screen, my monitor tells me there is no output. When I reboot, it tells me that Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown, event name "BlueScreen," locale ID 1033. This also happened a year ago when I did the same thing, but I went back to the Win10 dumpster fire (I did not have Linux at the time.) I believe that this may be related to the AMD Ryzen processor, as Win7 is not designed for it and it has many known issues. This time I used the updated 2020 ISO from this forum (found it a few days ago on r/Windows7.)

System specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x Quad-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P4.90 10/8/2018
RAM: 16GB
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Installed on UEFI

I will attach the minidump and WER sysdata dump if I can. Any help would be appreciated! :D I am sorry if this is not a help forum, I'm just tired of seeing the "just upgrade to windows 10 idiot" trolls.
Windows 7 UEFI. That's the reason. Get yo ass on MBR before it's too late.

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

dastoopidfurry wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 11:22
NWinXP wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 17:20 So I decided to "upgrade" my Windows 10 dualboot install to Windows 7 (dualbooted with Arch Linux.) It worked out and I managed to install it, put my Windows Longhorn themes on it and install some programs, but there is a problem. At random times of day, the PC decides to bluescreen itself. Heck, I even got a BSOD while writing this. However, the BSOD does not display on screen, my monitor tells me there is no output. When I reboot, it tells me that Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown, event name "BlueScreen," locale ID 1033. This also happened a year ago when I did the same thing, but I went back to the Win10 dumpster fire (I did not have Linux at the time.) I believe that this may be related to the AMD Ryzen processor, as Win7 is not designed for it and it has many known issues. This time I used the updated 2020 ISO from this forum (found it a few days ago on r/Windows7.)

System specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x Quad-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P4.90 10/8/2018
RAM: 16GB
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Installed on UEFI

I will attach the minidump and WER sysdata dump if I can. Any help would be appreciated! :D I am sorry if this is not a help forum, I'm just tired of seeing the "just upgrade to windows 10 idiot" trolls.
Windows 7 UEFI. That's the reason. Get yo ass on MBR before it's too late.
Yeah i think that is the issue.
Unfortunately, in order to run 7, you need to completely reinstall Arch and Windows 7 using the MBR partition table.
You can do this by setting the your UEFI bios to "Legacy Mode" and disabling "Secure Boot".
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

hana
United States of America

Unread post by hana »

Windows 7 is running on GPT, but I am using Legacy BIOS compatibility mode. I am going to copy Windows 7 to a backup disk using GParted from my Arch install and format the disk to MBR, copy it back and reinstall Windows Boot Manager, hopefully that solves it. If not, it may be with the motherboard. Secure Boot is already disabled as well, as I do not have any need for it.

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

Hopefully so, good luck on that.
CalmCreeper360 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 14:07 Yeah i think that is the issue.
Never thought it was such an issue. Mind my slip.