I was banned again from the palemoon forum

The place to chill and talk about anything not related to technology.
dkayxdx0
Vietnam

Unread post by dkayxdx0 »

It seems Pale Moon will never have a working translation addon. I have been banned from their forum for more than 4 times only because I requested one and they always refused. They seem can't listen and don't care about the user's very concern. Their style is "we give it to you and you have to praise us, it's this way use it or not it's up to you, we don't care about your problems, we don't want to talk, shut up and go away", kind of this. I tried my best to talk with them but they always ignored all of my reasoning. This time I'm not even care to reason with them much. It always be the same outcome. I'm got banned and the problem is still there.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27638

Oh my dear athenian200, I didn't see your answer but will not try to read it either. You know, I'm not English speaker and you presented me this wall of text I'm not even bother to read. But the point is, why your project is in shortage of fund and man power? Doesn't it because you guys draw all of the potential contributors away my friend?

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27638#p222069

Recently I found palemoon's devs really don't put much of interest into their project at all. This is a very amateur issue caused by MC carelessly forgot to renew the certificate. It's me that report that to them, and I got banned the very same day.

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27637

dkayxdx0
Vietnam

Unread post by dkayxdx0 »

It's no surprise for me at all that after this nonsense poll they will really rebase Pale Moon on modern Firefox code base again. It's out of their ability/competent to be able to maintain such a large project as a browser. Remember, they have done this many times on the past rebasing on newer Firefox code base. All of their words about Rust-free, old XUL/XPCOM addons after all is, just words. To stay relevant, sooner or later they have to do so. They have trashed many old XUL/XPCOM addons anyway. This shows they have no respect for these either. It's all about you to feel to be hero and that you saved the day from these evil Big Tech companies, you and you alone is the hero, haha :lol:

p/s: it's no surprise for me if they will be Chromium based this time too, since they seem to be bad or have no knowledge about Rust at all, at least a Chromium based code base is Rust-free haha :lol:

nt7

Unread post by nt7 »

Given the general attitude of their developer(s) in the past, I'm surprised anybody is actually willing to fork their project in the first place. I still remember the whole situation around them refusing a Slackware user support, as well as the OpenBSD shell script MPL abuse - the Mypal/roytam1 attacks were simply 'in the making'.

It becomes particularly amusing to me when in retrospect Pale Moon is in fact only notable for two things: creating unnecessary drama via their (Moonchild) stubborn refusal to implement Web standards on the basis that "we don't like them" / kicking innocent contributors away for petty reasons, and being a 'base' for browsers made for low-end systems, such reputation of which seems to make the upstream authors seethe in what can only be described as an utterly petulant manner.