Need help with r3dfox

For projects that need help or topics that need research. Topics hard or impossible to find information on. Do not post basic help questions here.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Need help with r3dfox

Unread post by K4sum1 »

I've been working on Firefox backported to Windows 7 again, and I have it running, however it's not optimal. It has some flaws like the caption bar always being the Windows 10 one regardless of operating system version. There was a lot of stuff stripped out relating to the 7 caption bar and with how much they change the GUI backend with every release I could never keep up with all the changes. I can keep up with reverting changes breaking 7 compatibility since it's usually localized to a few lines of code in a file, and although I don't really know how to code, I can kinda infer what the code does by analyzing it. These design changes would be too big a task for me as I would have to partially revert multiple commits and keep it updated with the current GUI, while also knowing barely anything about coding. There are also other changes I want to make where I either get stuck or just don't know what to do.

So I'm asking if there's anyone here that could help with r3dfox development and get it into a good state for release. I would really appreciate it.

https://github.com/Eclipse-Community/r3dfox
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks