Retro Gaming & Emulation General

Gaming news, game consoles, game issues, console/game mods, etc.
Compa

Retro Gaming & Emulation General

Unread post by Compa »

I should have made this thread earlier. I'm actually getting somewhat hyped writing it somehow because it reminds me of my old days... feel free to chat about gaming emulation-related topics (game consoles, home PCs from the 80s-90s, etc.) here! :3

Links worth mentioning
Kaillera P2P Client: http://p2p.kaillera.ru/kailleraclient.dll

For use with emulators like Mupen64++, Nestopia... basically any emulator with Kaillera support built-in. Replace the 'official' client with this one for P2P support. Requires the host to know how to port forward, obviously - typically on port 27888. The DLL should work on Windows XP SP1 and up officially, though it may work on earlier operating systems with kernel extensions (though I genuinely doubt you'd be running emulators from more recent times on hardware from the late 1990s without running into some kind of issues, on the other hand).

PD-ROMs: https://pdroms.de/

This is one of the oldest 'public domain' (homebrew) news websites in existence. Feel free to browse around, they keep around news for basically every system and you can submit news if you like too. Anything from here is 100% legal to download with no unlawful implication, and is a good means of testing emulators and also supporting smaller developers, since there's sometimes some extremely interesting projects that go on (insert 'no virus, descargar para Android' meme here).

Please do not ask for downloads to commercial games, even if their companies have long since been out of business, the creators may have reformed and likely retained the copyrights elsewhere - the legal implications of posting links here are too high (especially given Nintendo's attitude in particular which believe it or not, has been a thing since the mid-90s at the earliest).