Windows 2000 Professional VL 2013 Slipstream ISO

Old threads that no longer serve a purpose, but once did.
win32
Canada

Unread post by win32 »

Admin edit: This topic has been replaced
https://board.eclipse.cx/viewtopic.php?t=403

https://archive.org/details/w-2-k-pro-vl-fullslip

This is a Windows 2000 Professional VL (Select - no product key required) ISO with the following items included:

All updates through to April 2013, including a fully updated IE6 SP1

Some XP Embedded updates from up to 2016/17

48 bit LBA support enabled by default, allowing installation on partitions/disks >128 GB without risk of corruption on compatible hardware

WMP9 Series

DX 9.0c

Intel AHCI/RAID driver covering up to X58

The included newbin.txt is a list of files to be provided to nLite's "keep" section if you want to add other drivers or further unofficial updates in hotfix form. Otherwise, running nLite on this ISO will break many things.

lodocus
Turkey

Re: Windows 2000 Professional VL 2013 Slipstream ISO

Unread post by lodocus »

is windows 2000 with exkernel pre installed iso possible?
Last edited by K4sum1 on 25 Jan 2021, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing massive text https://forum.eclipse.cx/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=28

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

Yes.

win32
Canada

Unread post by win32 »

BWC uses a customized installer, which put the hotfix in an IExpress (and now VBScript) wrapper. His extended kernel installer also offers a myriad options, which doesn't make it suitable for slipstreaming. He made HFSLIP packages that do integrate kernel/core, but they are outdated and come with accordingly old browsers. I also believe that parts of the package may have been lost when he changed hosts/suffered HDD failure.

Ximonite uses traditional hotfix-based installers which should be slipstreamable. I'm just waiting for a few things to done and I'll try integrating them (for one, there will have to be SSE2 and pre-SSE2 versions).

Ximonite
Mood: bruh
United States of America

Unread post by Ximonite »

What exactly are you waiting for me to finish? I would like to know so I can prioritize those things.

win32
Canada

Unread post by win32 »

Ximonite wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 01:07 What exactly are you waiting for me to finish? I would like to know so I can prioritize those things.
If possible, I'd like to see the addition of GetRawInputDeviceInfoA to user32 so PCem/86box will load. It doesn't rely directly on win32k IIRC.

I was also thinking of the SSE stuff. Maybe a patcher that automatically scans cpuid, or asks the user if they have the right CPU to deal with that problem?

And also, I haven't tested any versions since your PAE test release on an SSE2 machine, so I'm not sure about the status of NM28/Serpent 52. They didn't work with that one.

But I digress, I really, really need to get your latest version on a real SSE2+ system some day....

Ximonite
Mood: bruh
United States of America

Unread post by Ximonite »

win32 wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 01:40
Ximonite wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 01:07 What exactly are you waiting for me to finish? I would like to know so I can prioritize those things.
If possible, I'd like to see the addition of GetRawInputDeviceInfoA to user32 so PCem/86box will load. It doesn't rely directly on win32k IIRC.

I was also thinking of the SSE stuff. Maybe a patcher that automatically scans cpuid, or asks the user if they have the right CPU to deal with that problem?

And also, I haven't tested any versions since your PAE test release on an SSE2 machine, so I'm not sure about the status of NM28/Serpent 52. They didn't work with that one.

But I digress, I really, really need to get your latest version on a real SSE2+ system some day....
GetRawInputDeviceInfoA should be easy to add. Besides security_cookie stuff, it's as easy as pasting the code in and fixing the calls.

I plan to make something similar to the multiprocessor check in update.exe for SSE2. If it actually works, it will check for SSE2 with cpuid and install the non-SSE2 files if it can't detect SSE2. Adding this process of checking for SSE2 and choosing the right files to the Windows 2000 setup would probably not be very easy tho.

If you want to test the latest version of KernelXE, I would recommend waiting a bit since there's a fix in kernel32 that I'm almost ready to test, and this has the potential to fix a lot.

Also, InitOnce functions are gonna take a while, since I need to add multiple Native API functions that call other ntoskrnl functions that I also need to add. I would be surprised if I manage to get them working before the end of February.
Last edited by K4sum1 on 25 Jan 2021, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

k24a1
Mood: Moderately okay.
United States of America

Unread post by k24a1 »

apologies if this post got bumped after a long time but do multi-core CPUs function properly under this ISO? would there also be a way for the system to recognize more than 4GB of RAM?
Fun fact: In the IKEA logo, the 4 letters spell out I, K, E, and A. Not a whole lot of people are aware of this.

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

k24a1 wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 00:08 apologies if this post got bumped after a long time but do multi-core CPUs function properly under this ISO? would there also be a way for the system to recognize more than 4GB of RAM?
You gotta use KernelXE for the RAM, but multi-core CPUs should function properly.
R3n who?