(MailNews) Syncing Lightning w. Google Calendar

The official support forum for the browser platform based on Goanna/UXP by roytam1, servicing many Windows 2000/XP users (particularly those on older hardware).

Moderator: roytam1

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

Hello.

Just as a heads up. The Lightning Calendar is unable to sync for bidirectional Google Calendar access by default, same as in upstream Interlink. The Google login field is blanked. I was able to fix this by setting:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.compatMode.firefox
to true in the config editor.

Any chance of making this a default in the next build? Or adding it to the FAQ somewhere?

Thanks ;)
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

Shame RT1 doesn't seem to respond to such requests, this is a valid bug/issue that isn't a random complaint about a JS heavy fuckfest of a webpage not working.

roytam1
Local Moderator
Hong Kong

Unread post by roytam1 »

just have no time for that at the moment as there is no extra holiday for me to do some more work on them.

I'll try to get some time to edit FAQ for the time being.

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

docR, did you forget you have mod perms and can edit RT1's FAQ post? :P

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

Kouto wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:51 docR, did you forget you have mod perms and can edit RT1's FAQ post? :P
I find it inappropriate to edit information pertaining to a project that doesn't belong to me. That's entirely up to RoyTam1 to document as he sees fit. I might sticky a sep thread somewhere though.
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

A contribution is a contribution. Documentation tends to be something open source projects lack a lot of, so that's partly why I suggested it; the other part being that I doubt RT1 would mind as long as he knows about it (so he can audit it if necessary afterwards) via private messaging.

It'd be similar in a sense to GitHub or other forms of documentation, just more nicely presented.

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

Perfer that to be on his shoulder, though it's fine either way.