Serpent 52 with ALZHEIMER

The official support forum for the browser platform based on Goanna/UXP by roytam1, servicing many Windows 2000/XP users (particularly those on older hardware).

Moderator: roytam1

duralite

Unread post by duralite »

I have a serious problem with the S52 browser (2021.12.17 release)

I am going to simplify and try to explain it with all possible details.

when I open the browser for example I have 100 open tabs (fake number as it's much more than that) then I open another 50 new tabs

if I get a power outage or I reset the computer by hand or I just run out of memory I have to manually close the browser by cancelling processes with Process Hacker or Windows taskbar manager.

then I restart the browser but to my surprise I only see the same 100 open tags of the previous session.

I get mad because I have to restart my previous work from the beginning.

however the links I have added on to the bookmarks are ok, and the browser history shows all links I have visited too. :?

I have to note I have noticed the exact opposite as well, when I open the browser I found more tabs than I could had on my previous session.... :roll:

I have never suffered this issue with previous Serpent versions when I had 300 or more open tabs at a time and I very often reach the 4GB of RAM limit

duralite

Unread post by duralite »

disclaimer.... I am not 100% sure whether it's a browser problem, it could just be something else because when I power off the computer or leave it in sleep mode, the green ethernet LED also shuts down

this is not normal because I have to turn off or unplug the power supply, discharge capacitors while pressing power button down for a few seconds and then turn it on so the green light gets back on.

cicyyang
China

Unread post by cicyyang »

The easiest way is to delete %appdata%Moonchild ProductionsBasilisk. But it just reset you Serpent.

Or close "browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash" :
Run serpent in safe mode : cmd to you Serpent diractory, and type command:
basilisk.exe -safe-mode
about:config
set "browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash" false