I have lost hope in Windows 11

They made Windows 10 worse somehow.
dragogos

Unread post by dragogos »

Wonder why? Well, there are some crap updates incoming.
Here is the first reason why I lost hope in Windows 11 being a good OS.
Starting in 2023, all new laptops will require front-facing webcams for Windows 11 -- so we expect tape sales to increase by then. ... It all starts on January 1, 2023 which will require every single new laptop built from that day forward, feature a front-facing camera for Windows 11.
This requirement, is very weird. Why would Microsoft want laptops to have a front-facing webcam? Here is my theory. Next-level telemetry. There is no other reason to have webcams be a requirement.
Ads on the taskbar.
Microsoft broke Windows 11 by putting ads on the taskbar, and plus, ads on the taskbar is a terrible idea
People who manage to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that are insiders, will be banned from the Windows 11 Insider Program.
Yep. Microsoft is trying to cover that Windows 11 works on unsupported hardware.
Offtopic: Windows 7 won't be supported by chrome soon, so expect me be a linux user since Windows has been ruined.

elbarto
Mood: deadbart
United States of America

Unread post by elbarto »

I can't say that I really had hope in Windows 11 being a good OS to begin with. If Microsoft was able to get away with being malicious with Windows 10, it only makes sense that they would crank it up to 11.
I have no doubts that it will eventually be functionally sound, but with all of it's questionable requirements and it's laughably poor UI design choices, I don't see myself using it as a daily driver any time soon.
The fact that Microsoft is alienating a large userbase of people that recently bought a PC or laptop without a TPM module might be the biggest mistake they've made since slapping "Vista Capable" stickers on budget XP hardware.
I feel like Valve couldn't have picked a better time to bring more Linux exposure to the market with the Steam Deck.
Come 2025, I'm sure most people will end up integrating with Win 11, but who knows? Maybe by then they'll release a slightly more reasonable 11.1.
Main PC:
CPU: Ryzen 3600X
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: 24 GB DDR4 3200

dragogos

elbarto wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 00:54 I can't say that I really had hope in Windows 11 being a good OS to begin with. If Microsoft was able to get away with being malicious with Windows 10, it only makes sense that they would crank it up to 11.
I have no doubts that it will eventually be functionally sound, but with all of it's questionable requirements and it's laughably poor UI design choices, I don't see myself using it as a daily driver any time soon.
The fact that Microsoft is alienating a large userbase of people that recently bought a PC or laptop without a TPM module might be the biggest mistake they've made since slapping "Vista Capable" stickers on budget XP hardware.
I feel like Valve couldn't have picked a better time to bring more Linux exposure to the market with the Steam Deck.
Come 2025, I'm sure most people will end up integrating with Win 11, but who knows? Maybe by then they'll release a slightly more reasonable 11.1.
Well, when Windows 7 will be completely dead, I will use linux because I have no choice. Windows has been ruined.
TPM and Secure Boot requirements are obnoxious and bad :evil: . I doubt that Microsoft will release a point one version of Windows 11 after it's going to be released because people like Linus (from Linus Tech Tips) will absolutely love the thing.
This is why you should switch to linux and keep a PC with Windows for games. (or dual-boot)

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

dragogos wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:43I doubt that Microsoft will release a point one version of Windows 11 after it's going to be released because people like Linus (from Linus Tech Tips) will absolutely love the thing.
Yeah :cry:
R3n who?

tyl0413

Unread post by tyl0413 »

Steam OS 3 is soon out then i'll hopefully never have to touch Windows again. Microsoft can get screwed

EverythingeeB
Mood: Chungus
Canada

Unread post by EverythingeeB »

People who manage to install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware that are insiders, will be banned from the Windows 11 Insider Program.
Yep. Microsoft is trying to cover that Windows 11 works on unsupported hardware.
When did Microsoft say that? They said they would boot people with unsupported hardware off the Insider program, they didn't say anything about banning them.
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/everythingeeB

Main Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 / Ryzen 5 4600H / 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz / 256GB SSD / 1TB HDD / GTX 1650Ti Max-P / EndeavourOS Linux
Retro PC/Server/Backup Desktop: Lenovo Thinkcentre M57 6072 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2 x 1GB DDR2 667Mhz / 200GB HDD / Radeon R5 240 / Arch Linux
Phone: Galaxy S3 (December 2017 - June 2019) / iPhone 5 (June 2019 - April 2020) / iPhone 6S (April 2020 - March 2022) / iPhone XS (March 2022 - Present)

dragogos

EverythingeeB wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 21:00
When did Microsoft say that? They said they would boot people with unsupported hardware off the Insider program, they didn't say anything about banning them.
Maybe I was misinformed, but according from a news article from idk site, you would be banned off the Windows 11 insider program, but you can still be on the WIndows 10 Insider Program.
Offtopic: I'm a linux user now.

Moline
United States of America

Unread post by Moline »

Windows 11 launches today. The trick to get it working on unsupported hardware, does that involve simply installing it from USB?
View my computers here. If you also need Windows help, get it here as well: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/

tyl0413

Unread post by tyl0413 »

Moline wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 18:37 Windows 11 launches today. The trick to get it working on unsupported hardware, does that involve simply installing it from USB?
You shouldn't install it especially not on your real PC but if you really gotta know, TPM 1.2 and Secure Boot is enforced for clean installs, 2.0 and Secure Boot for upgrades.

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

dragogos wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 17:36
Offtopic: Windows 7 won't be supported by chrome soon, so expect me be a linux user since Windows has been ruined.
There are many other alternatives for chrome that will also support Windows 7 for quite some time in the future.
Keep it up, bro, every Windows 7 machine counts to increase market share.
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

VictorTheVictor
Canada

Unread post by VictorTheVictor »

CalmCreeper360 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 09:25
There are many other alternatives for chrome that will also support Windows 7 for quite some time in the future.
I use Firefox, and for Chrome users there might be ways of getting Chrome to run on 7 after the end of support. I hate how all these companies are making software that specifically requires a new sh*tty version of Windows, while the kernel on the older systems is more than capable of running their programs. I hope someone makes an extended kernel for 7 or something like that.

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

VictorTheVictor wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 04:18
CalmCreeper360 wrote: 20 Oct 2021, 09:25
I use Firefox, and for Chrome users there might be ways of getting Chrome to run on 7 after the end of support. I hate how all these companies are making software that specifically requires a new sh*tty version of Windows, while the kernel on the older systems is more than capable of running their programs. I hope someone makes an extended kernel for 7 or something like that.
Yes i agree.
Regarding me, im still using Windows 7 on all of my machines with no problems whatsoever, despite what many people are teling.
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац