"360Chrome" Downloads / General Discussion

The OS of the 2000s.
Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

360Chrome is built from the Chinese source tree of Chromium-based browsers (same as Maxthon, 2345 Explorer, UC Browser), and seems to be the one kept most up-to-date with XP-based compatibility as of this date as well as the only one with telemetry removal patches (thanks elchupacabra@lrepacks).

Downloads
v11 - Chromium 69 - https://files.catbox.moe/des42n.zip
v12 - Chromium 78 - https://files.catbox.moe/zckr6z.zip
v13 - Chromium 86 - https://files.catbox.moe/xac6ze.zip

Since the filehosts used by lrepacks are shite and take forever to download, I have mirrored them over at catbox.moe for transfer rates of over 9000 mega bytezorz.

System Requirements
Windows 2000 SP4+KernelEx
Windows XP SP3 (x86)
Windows XP SP2 (x64)
Processor capable of supporting at least SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4/Athlon 64 or newer)

FAQ
I see squares in certain places!
Install the language pack for East Asian languages. If the language bar suddenly pops up, remove the handwriting support for said languages (this happens if a complete install of Office XP is present on the system).
The new tab page is horrible and bloated, how do I change it?
Delete newtab.zip in the application directory. It will revert to a blank page. You can theoretically customise the contents to your liking in the zip file too, so bear that in mind - might actually be a worthwhile thought.
Is there any Xinnie The Pooh invasions of privacy?
Nope, that's stripped out in these builds by the lrepacks member who did these, credited in the installer and also written above. Also, despite the fact this is a Russian repack, it won't send data back to the Kremlin either. If you're paranoid you can open up a network traffic monitor and look for yourself.
What about TLS 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and whatever HTTPS shenanigans they want to force down our throats these days to attempt to shield out old systems?
Version 13 (at least) seems to have some kind of proxy for these connections and its own certificate store. I'm unsure about the older versions as I don't use them, but you're free to experiment. This also means that unlike Yandex.Browser or Maxthon 5 on XP, you'll be able to login to your Google Account without being greeted with a "insecure browser, cannot log you in" error.
Is WebRTC supported?
Version 13's implementation of WebRTC seems to work correctly, tested it yesterday while messing with Discord's audio settings. On a note, this is the only browser that should work in a stable manner with XP and multiprocess web applications such as Twitter, Discord, and basically any 'modern' website that was developed after the rise of HTTPS.
What is the fastest/most stable version on real hardware?
I'd presume 11. Maybe I should actually benchmark them in a general-purpose browsing frenzy at some point on my Atom N270, which given how it performs about as well as an 800Mhz Coppermine Pentium would probably be a good system to do such a test on.
Explain some of the Engrish in the download tab?
In the downloads tab, 'apk' is 'ask' and 'p2sp' is 'p2p' (which makes no sense in said context anyway, since it just refers to the fact said option enables multithreaded downloading over HTTP).
Does R3n really snuggle Winnie the Pooh every night?
Yes, he does. Lol, I sure love embarassing people for no reason. :3

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Not sure if anyone here cares enough about pooh browsers to make a sequel post, but if you want up to date information, check the MSFN post below.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/
R3n who?

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

Arent there any newer versions of 360Extreme?
Like, doesnt Version 21 or so already exist?
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

nt7

Unread post by nt7 »

CalmCreeper360 wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 19:58 Arent there any newer versions of 360Extreme?
This post was made ages ago and OP was banned.
I presume that later versions are incompatible with XP.
K4sum1 wrote: 08 Dec 2022, 20:13 Not sure if anyone here cares enough about pooh browsers to make a sequel post, but if you want up to date information, check the MSFN post below.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/
The hell?

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

nt7 wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:26
CalmCreeper360 wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 19:58 Arent there any newer versions of 360Extreme?
This post was made ages ago and OP was banned.
I presume that later versions are incompatible with XP.

Ive managed to find that new Version.
The particular installation ive got my hands on is based off Chrome 95 and yes, you were right.

360 Extreme Explorer X 21 is not compatible with XP or stock Vista.
It does seem to work with the Extended Kernel though (as seen in the pictures), but it only gets 524 points, while on Windows 7 it gets 528 points.
(dont get confused pictures 1,2 and 3 are my skinned Windows 7 install, while picture 4 is only on Windows Vista :P )
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

HTML5test is a bit wack. It gives points for like telemetry shit and other stuff, so unless you know what specifically is different, it's the same.
R3n who?

nt7

Unread post by nt7 »

I mean, it's basically counting the points based on feature support, and such things are part of the HTML5 spec whether you like it or not...