Introduce yourselves here!

The place to chill and talk about anything not related to technology.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

failsandwich wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 05:03 Heya everyone! My name is Vanessa. I'm fem-aligned nonbinary, polyamorous, and bisexual. I used to think I was the only person on the planet who actually liked Windows Vista, and now I'm glad to know I'm not alone :D
I like Steven Universe, Konosuba, low-budget CGI movies about talking animals from the late 2000s/early 2010s, maple/brown sugar-flavoured oatmeal packets, Pepsi, and Avril Lavigne. DM me for pictures of my cats.
Someone with the bal- erm I mean guts to say that they like Pepsi better then Coke?

Joking aside, I do prefer Pepsi as well, but I'm not against drinking Coke, but I only drink diet and have been for years. With the amount of pop I drink, I'd probably be dead by now or at least have diabetes if I exclusively drank the normal variants.

Also, I checked out your Twitter and noticed that you were being followed by InvoxiPlayGames. I dare you to tell them that you've decided to main Windows 7, and send a screenshot of it in a VM personalized to your liking.
R3n who?

k24a1
Mood: Moderately okay.
United States of America

Unread post by k24a1 »

A person on the internet. Also kind of a boomer with technology.
Fun fact: In the IKEA logo, the 4 letters spell out I, K, E, and A. Not a whole lot of people are aware of this.

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

k24a1 wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 22:18 A person on the internet. Also kind of a boomer with technology.
If you're a true boomer you'd be on Facebook posting minions memes :p

legacyfan

Unread post by legacyfan »

welcome everyone that has joined so far its great to see you all and welcome to the forum-legacyfan
Last edited by legacyfan on 06 Jun 2021, 17:10, edited 2 times in total.

asdf2345
United States of America

Unread post by asdf2345 »

LegacyFan wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 05:11 im back and im staying on here now plus wincert and msfn and sorry if i was kinda weird before about the age problems -legacyfan :D
Not the first time I've heard that
Koishi Komeiji did nothing wrong

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

Sup everyone im CalmCreeper360.
Im a Windows 7 diehard from the former Legacy Windows Discord channel which used to be run by r3n.
Once it fell apart i created a profile on his forum (and i must say i really like the look and feel of it).
I like old operating systems and i am good in setting them up, making them ready for use, troubleshooting software related problems ect.
My favourite OS is Windows Vista, but i cant use it as my main OS (as much as i would love to) because of hardware and software limitations.
Thats why im staying on 7.

I basically have the same opinion as Win-10-hater on Windows 10.
We both hate it and think its crap.
And before you ask: YES i did use it myself for about 6 months and the personal experience was horrible.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day/night

:D
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

LuckyCryWinScenic
Philippines

Unread post by LuckyCryWinScenic »

Hello everyone (finally but this this is late post)

I'm LuckyCryWinScenic (aka iLoveCrydiaa) and i'm a fan of Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and sometime in the long run i would hate Windows 10 because one or 2 PCs have problems with 10 even with disabled updates and etc. and used StartIsBack.

I am a former MSFN user named LuckyCrydiaa (not gonna talk about the issue anymore)

Yes, many people in this forums are hating Windows 10 also me, the organization who had owned and sold to me this laptop didnt disabled Cortana correctly in registry due to feature updates and have to downgrade this to 8.1 or older Win10 sooner on NVME (since Acer Aspire 5's dont have legacy boot mode support and 8.1 is the 1st version to have NVME support directly during install, it's a 7th gen Intel CPU)

Idk about Win7, its kinda hard to install with UEFI class 3.
"If underage ASMRtists start drama just because of 18+ audio, then Dude That's Lewd is behind it." - P1utia

YT: www.youtube.com/@Plutia7601
Twitter: https://twitter.com/2011Windows7SP1
My Website: https://p1utia7601.neocities.org/

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

Surprised you didn't mention you're into anime stuffs o.o

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

Kouto wrote: 14 May 2021, 00:55 Surprised you didn't mention you're into anime stuffs o.o
Judging from peoples pfp's , a majority of active users are into anime :P

( NOT ME )

EDIT: ok so i did a quick count on how many people currently have which pfps.

The results are the following:

Anime: 17 out of 91
Other: 35 out of 91
None/Default: 39 out of 91
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

I like boats!
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

This will be the opposite of an intro for me. I'm departing here and other places, as well as discontinued board32x. A lot of reasons behind it, most are related to my own deterioration since 2016, but I really don't want to be told not to leave or such when I've already made a final decision. I get people may be concerned but idk, I just can't bring myself to move away from old events, or whatever, nor those who I probably just piss off/have been a toxic influence towards both to me and from me...

bye.

legacyfan

Unread post by legacyfan »

Kouto wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 04:38 This will be the opposite of an intro for me. I'm departing here and other places, as well as discontinued board32x. A lot of reasons behind it, most are related to my own deterioration since 2016, but I really don't want to be told not to leave or such when I've already made a final decision. I get people may be concerned but idk, I just can't bring myself to move away from old events, or whatever, nor those who I probably just piss off/have been a toxic influence towards both to me and from me...

bye.
bye kouto i hope you enjoy wherever you go next :cry: -legacyfan

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Kouto wrote: 09 Jun 2021, 04:38 This will be the opposite of an intro for me. I'm departing here and other places, as well as discontinued board32x. A lot of reasons behind it, most are related to my own deterioration since 2016, but I really don't want to be told not to leave or such when I've already made a final decision. I get people may be concerned but idk, I just can't bring myself to move away from old events, or whatever, nor those who I probably just piss off/have been a toxic influence towards both to me and from me...

bye.
:cry:

Please just keep in contact with me, somehow.
R3n who?

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

Why do I say I leave and then become more active than I've been in a month?

dastoopidfurrytwo

Unread post by dastoopidfurrytwo »

OH HELLO THERE
so yeah... i'm on eclipse... this isn't my main account but here's an intro
I'm just a stupid furry (as you all know) but I like tech XD

MelonicOverlord
Full Moderator
Mood: Probably Depressed
Great Britain

Unread post by MelonicOverlord »

GabSK25 wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 17:13 Hi, I'm Gekko! I was searching for a forum and decided to enter here.
I liked this Aero theme.
Welcome
professional /g/entooman

Pro Linux User
Pro PC Builder
Slightly Pro Front End WebDev
Sometimes Pro Gamer

MAIN PC: i5 9600KF@4.7GHz, 6600XT, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, 250GB + 500GB SSDs, 2TB HDD, Gentoo + Windows 11

LAPTOP: i5 4300U, Intel HD4400 Graphics, 2x240GB SSD, Gentoo + Windows 10

OwnedByWuigi
Great Britain

Unread post by OwnedByWuigi »

R3n wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 06:03
failsandwich wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 05:03 Heya everyone! My name is Vanessa. I'm fem-aligned nonbinary, polyamorous, and bisexual. I used to think I was the only person on the planet who actually liked Windows Vista, and now I'm glad to know I'm not alone :D
I like Steven Universe, Konosuba, low-budget CGI movies about talking animals from the late 2000s/early 2010s, maple/brown sugar-flavoured oatmeal packets, Pepsi, and Avril Lavigne. DM me for pictures of my cats.
Someone with the bal- erm I mean guts to say that they like Pepsi better then Coke?

Joking aside, I do prefer Pepsi as well, but I'm not against drinking Coke, but I only drink diet and have been for years. With the amount of pop I drink, I'd probably be dead by now or at least have diabetes if I exclusively drank the normal variants.

Also, I checked out your Twitter and noticed that you were being followed by InvoxiPlayGames. I dare you to tell them that you've decided to main Windows 7, and send a screenshot of it in a VM personalized to your liking.
Hey I like pepsi instead of coke D:

GVPLE
Canada

Unread post by GVPLE »

Hi all, I am one of many soon to be orphaned from the forums at win-raid.com. Someone named "R3n" (is that K4sum1 over here?) on win-raid suggested this forum.

Anyway, I'm experienced with PC building & coding with .Net C#. Recently started dabbling in x86 Assembly coding & BIOS mods. I also take care of most of my local computer repair shop's computer scrap & retest individual parts, hence why most of my builds kind of look like junkyard machines. If you need cheap parts / looking for something specific, feel free to contact me.
Dell Precision T5400 [Wolfie]:
CPU: 2X Intel Xeon X5270 @3.50GHz
RAM: 8X 2GB Quad-Channel DDR2-667MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R7-240
LAN: 2X INTEL PWLA8494GTBLK PRO/1000 GT (for when LAN parties get wild)
HDD: 1X WD Velociraptor WD2500HHTZ

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

GVPLE wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 02:36 Hi all, I am one of many soon to be orphaned from the forums at win-raid.com. Someone named "R3n" (is that K4sum1 over here?) on win-raid suggested this forum.

Anyway, I'm experienced with PC building & coding with .Net C#. Recently started dabbling in x86 Assembly coding & BIOS mods. I also take care of most of my local computer repair shop's computer scrap & retest individual parts, hence why most of my builds kind of look like junkyard machines. If you need cheap parts / looking for something specific, feel free to contact me.
R3n who?

Just kidding, that is me. I have been slowly phasing that name out.

Also I may be interested in some specific hardware, however it's probably too new for you to ever see. However, I may be interested in some BIOS mods though. I bought a CH341A programmer and clip to fix an old laptop with a corrupt BIOS, so I basically have all I need to tackle most BIOS mods. (When it arrives that is.)
R3n who?

GVPLE
Canada

Unread post by GVPLE »

K4sum1 wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 07:31
GVPLE wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 02:36 Hi all, I am one of many soon to be orphaned from the forums at win-raid.com. Someone named "R3n" (is that K4sum1 over here?) on win-raid suggested this forum.

R3n who?

Also I may be interested in some specific hardware, however it's probably too new for you to ever see. However, I may be interested in some BIOS mods though. I bought a CH341A programmer and clip to fix an old laptop with a corrupt BIOS, so I basically have all I need to tackle most BIOS mods. (When it arrives that is.)
Well, you never know. It's totally random, every time -- you win some lose some. Sometimes all I get is empty printer cartridges (UUUGH!) & other pickups I pull things like this Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 or an i5-4690. I am merely a novice at BIOS mods, there's not a lot I've managed to do so far. An ongoing project of mine has been modding APU support for my A8-7680 into my F2A88XN-WIFI's BIOS. Managed to get my 7680 to POST with a PCIe GPU, but no on-board graphics output yet.

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

GVPLE wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 00:58
K4sum1 wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 07:31

R3n who?

Well, you never know. It's totally random, every time -- you win some lose some. Sometimes all I get is empty printer cartridges (UUUGH!) & other pickups I pull things like this Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 or an i5-4690. I am merely a novice at BIOS mods, there's not a lot I've managed to do so far. An ongoing project of mine has been modding APU support for my A8-7680 into my F2A88XN-WIFI's BIOS. Managed to get my 7680 to POST with a PCIe GPU, but no on-board graphics output yet.
Hmm, some things that I may look into, as long as they are cheap or a good price are below
G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2x8GB 2400MHz
2x32GB or 4x16GB DDR4 ECC un-buffered
Fractal Design Define R5 (With window and in good condition)
First gen Intel Core i7 laptop

Not even sure if I will buy, or when I will have the money to, but they're on the list of potential things to buy.
R3n who?

GVPLE
Canada

Unread post by GVPLE »

K4sum1 wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 07:09

Hmm, some things that I may look into, as long as they are cheap or a good price are below
G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2x8GB 2400MHz
2x32GB or 4x16GB DDR4 ECC un-buffered
Fractal Design Define R5 (With window and in good condition)
First gen Intel Core i7 laptop

Not even sure if I will buy, or when I will have the money to, but they're on the list of potential things to buy.
That's a very specific list, but I'll PM you if I find anything. I only charge for parts that are rare/valuable, but I always charge for shipping. The idea is geared more toward keeping good functioning hardware out of the landfill & giving older hardware a second chance than it is about money. For me, at least ;)

SatoshiHikari
Mood: Perfect
United States of America

Unread post by SatoshiHikari »

hello everyone! my name is vistalover and I'm a new member of eclipse.cx! my favorite version of windows is vista (you can tell by my username) and I love software collecting I'm also the owner of a small online game studio called iron-horse-games and have been a windows insider program member since 2020 anyways it good to be here and I hope to eventually get to know everyone here thanks
Formerly Known As LegacyFan From 2021 To Nov 2023                                                                                                    

nt7

Unread post by nt7 »

Welcome back, LegacyFan

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

nt7 wrote: 13 Dec 2022, 02:05 Welcome back, LegacyFan
😉😉😉😉

xperceniol_sal
United States of America

Unread post by xperceniol_sal »

Hi guys ...

I was considering whether I need a 3rd forum, but since K4sum1 left me a nice message I figured I'd join in.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/184051-my-browser-builds-part-4/page/25/#comment-1234168

I don't know how active I'll be here because I struggle with terrible agoraphobia and various health issues and being tied to the computer has plus and minus pros and cons - good to have online contact with others though and I'm happy to be here and this place seems nice. As I stated on MSFN I once joined here but my posting and account was lost somehow and that happens sometimes.

Wishing everyone and a few on here that I already know well.

Sincerely Yours:

~Salvatore
Last edited by xperceniol_sal on 03 Jan 2023, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

xperceniol_sal wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 19:45 Hi guys ...

I was considering whether I need a 3rd forum, but since K4sum1 left me a nice message I figured I'd join in.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/184051-my-browser-builds-part-4/page/25/#comment-1234168

I don't know how active I'll be here because I struggle with terrible agoraphobia and various health issues and being tied to the computer has plus and minus pros and cons - good to have online contact with other though and I'm happy to be here and this place seems nice. As I stated on MSFN I once joined here but my posting and account was lost somehow and that happens sometimes.

Wishing everyone and a few on here that I already know well.

Sincerely Yours:

~Salvatore
welcome to the forum old friend! 😉 (mina might also be joining soon)

mina354
Mood: Feeling great
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

Hello everyone, my name is Mina, and i'm a fan of old Windows versions like Windows XP and 7 (a very beautiful OS with awesome Aero Glass). I am neutral to Vista (although I liked some features it has, for example, DreamScene). I am also a fan of old software. After being on MSFN for long, i've decided to register here. This forum is really good. I'm very happy to be here. I hope everyone is well here that I have seen on MSFN. 😄
Last edited by mina354 on 06 Jan 2023, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 was the last good operating system a user can use, since it's the best operating system, in my opinion. Windows 10 and 11, on the other hand, are ugh, so annoying.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

mina7601 wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 21:00 Hello everyone, my name is Mina, and i'm a fan of old Windows versions like Windows XP and 7 (a very beautiful OS with awesome Aero Glass). I am neutral to Vista (although I liked some features it has, for example, DreamScene). I am also a fan of old software. After being on MSFN for long, i've decided to register here. This forum is really good. I'm very happy to be here. I hope everyone is well here that I have seen on MSFN.
welcome @mina7601 I hope you enjoy your stay😉

mina354
Mood: Feeling great
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

legacyfan wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 21:03
mina7601 wrote: 06 Jan 2023, 21:00 Hello everyone, my name is Mina, and i'm a fan of old Windows versions like Windows XP and 7 (a very beautiful OS with awesome Aero Glass). I am neutral to Vista (although I liked some features it has, for example, DreamScene). I am also a fan of old software. After being on MSFN for long, i've decided to register here. This forum is really good. I'm very happy to be here. I hope everyone is well here that I have seen on MSFN.
welcome @mina7601 I hope you enjoy your stay😉
Thank you, I will enjoy my stay here for sure. As you can see, I made your wish come true.
legacyfan wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 19:52 (mina might also be joining soon)
Windows 7 was the last good operating system a user can use, since it's the best operating system, in my opinion. Windows 10 and 11, on the other hand, are ugh, so annoying.