Vista startup sound is never played during cold boot

Actually faster than Windows 7.
Win10-Hater
India

Vista startup sound is never played during cold boot

Unread post by Win10-Hater »

Hello all, I have been facing this issue lately where the Windows Vista startup sound would not play on a cold boot (orb animation shows up but without sound) after adding multiple user accounts. Also, some other sounds like error tones, notification sounds, etc. refuse to play whereas UAC sounds and Windows Ding sounds play properly. My IDT audio drivers are updated, my speakers are working 100% properly, I have not changed the sound scheme from Windows Default to anything else on any user account, still, this problem won't get solved. Any way to solve?

Looking forward to some positive response. Thanks in advance.
Huge fan of Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, XP, 2K, ME and Linux, especially Zorin Linux, Ubuntu, elementaryOS and Mint.
I hate Windows 10. I am the last person one could ever convince to downgrade to Windows 10.

Compa

Re: Vista startup sound is never played during cold boot

Unread post by Compa »

I've had this trouble in general over HDMI with Intel HD Graphics, unrelatedly.

Something tells me the sound scheme default setting is messed up in the 'default' user profile, might be wrong here (seeing as you made multiple accounts and it screwed up, it looks to me like a bug in how it's trying to set the scheme if anything)

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Re: Vista startup sound is never played during cold boot

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Since you have IDT HD Audio, could you test something for me?
(DM me)
R3n who?