RANT: The Iphone 6 generation is the best, but also the worst Iphone generation ever

Mobile phones, devices. Old and new. Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian, anything.
CalmCreeper360
Russia

RANT: The Iphone 6 generation is the best, but also the worst Iphone generation ever

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

I have lots of experience using the Iphone 6 generation, especially with the original Iphone 6.
It is a very reliable phone and in terms of usability its still great to this day.
At the time it was also revolutionary for being the first 64bit Iphone and for being the last one to still gave a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Its design language lasted for many years and it still looks good today.

But god does the batteries suck...

Over the years (specifically from 2014 to 2021) my Iphone 6 has gone through 3 battery changes.
Its a commonly known fact, that Apple has introduced planned-obsolecense-malware to Iphone 6 generations through iOS updates in the past, which has made

1. The batteries discharge slower
2. because of that you have to charge it more, introducing more wear to the battery and ultimately leading to a faster death of the Battery.

It has also decreased performance in phones.

Furthermore replacement parts from china for this generation, especially batteries, are becoming worse and worse by the year.
Look at this battery (image attached).
It was produced in November 2020, installed in the phone in January 2021, but the phone itself was only used until July 2021, meaning that the battery saw only 6 months of daily use, but sat in the drawer for 2 years.
Yesterday when i got the phone out the drawer i noticed, that the screen was bulged and when i opened it i see the dead battery.
Absolute trash.

In conclusion though i would not recommend anyone to buy an original Iphone 6 as his daily driver phone.
The phones current iOS software is 15.7 and all support has been discontinued or will be discontinued soon (depending on your region), as Apples product lifecycle lasts for 7 years after the last time that phone has been sold.
An Iphone 6s Plus would be the better choice with its larger screen, slightly better hardware and inclusion of headphone jack, but then again this phone wouldnt last very long given the fact, that it is also discontinued for about 8 months now.
Attachments
20230524_191117.jpg
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

First the iPhone 5s is the first 64 bit iPhone. The iPhone 6 (not 6s) was only a slight performance improvement. The massive leap came with the iPhone 6s.

I have an iPhone SE myself, but I rarely use it. It had its battery replaced not too long ago. It's currently on 14.5.1, I had it there for the untether, but the fuckers only made it for arm64e. Although it seems to fare better than the SE 2020 on iOS 16 in general use. When that one was getting hot and draining, my SE was cool and actually seems to work better. I wish I kept it on iOS 12 though.
R3n who?

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

i think daily driving a nokia 3410 is still the better decision
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац