MSFN Is Back! : Old Thread

The place to chill and talk about anything not related to technology.
SatoshiHikari
Mood: Perfect
United States of America

MSFN Is Back! : Old Thread

Unread post by SatoshiHikari »

MSFN Is Back Online! Its Good To Have You Back https://msfn.org/board/
Last edited by SatoshiHikari on 29 Feb 2024, 06:52, edited 6 times in total.
Formerly Known As LegacyFan From 2021 To Nov 2023                                                                                                    

mina354
Mood: Feeling great
Egypt

Looks Like Its Finally The End Of An Era For MSFN

Unread post by mina354 »

Yeah well, maybe it is the end (but we can't be 100% sure yet if it's really the end of MSFN forever or not*), and this could be our new main forum, but I'll just wait for tomorrow and see if it still gives that error or not. MSFN has already went downfall anyway, so I am not surprised it could end someday, despite the amount of donations it also got. (but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my stay there, of course I did!)

*Because if it really is, then I will kiss goodbye to MSFN, and with this:

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023
Last edited by mina354 on 03 Jun 2023, 20:20, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 7 was the last good operating system a user can use, since it's the best operating system, in my opinion. Windows 10 and 11, on the other hand, are ugh, so annoying.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

it's had a good run it just could not.get enought donations to keep open any longer I guess

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

I doubt it will be gone. Temporary outages aren't that uncommon.
R3n who?

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

mina7601 wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:01 Yeah well, maybe it is the end (but we can't be 100% sure yet if it's really the end of MSFN forever or not*), and this could be our new main forum, but I'll just wait for tomorrow and see if it still gives that error or not. MSFN has already went downfall anyway, so I am not surprised it could end someday, despite the amount of donations it also got. (but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my stay there, of course I did!)

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023
and I always had my friend the whole way :)

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

K4sum1 wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:26 I doubt it will be gone. Temporary outages aren't that uncommon.
Yeah, that's why I said "maybe". And the recent outage MSFN got was on mid June of 2021, from what I remember. And MSFN was about to be permanently closed on March 2022 because of lack of donations.
Windows 7 was the last good operating system a user can use, since it's the best operating system, in my opinion. Windows 10 and 11, on the other hand, are ugh, so annoying.

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

legacyfan wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:29
mina7601 wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:01 Yeah well, maybe it is the end (but we can't be 100% sure yet if it's really the end of MSFN forever or not*), and this could be our new main forum, but I'll just wait for tomorrow and see if it still gives that error or not. MSFN has already went downfall anyway, so I am not surprised it could end someday, despite the amount of donations it also got. (but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy my stay there, of course I did!)

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023
Yes, of course!

MilkChan
Thailand

Unread post by MilkChan »

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023
It was at the MSFN forum that I got to know Roytam1.
and everyone for the first time
and more software that still runs on XP
i have to thank everyone

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

well its almost 12 and msfn is still down so I guess we can almost officially say its dead

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

if there was anything that needed saved I found a final archive.org backup from May 31 https://web.archive.org/web/20230529083235/https://msfn.org/board/

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

MSFN Is Down And Possible Dead (latest information)

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Considering the other parts of the site are up, an issue might have happened and they could be waiting on the actual owner to notice and fix it.

I actually had a server during most of Eclipse's downtime, but nobody knew how to set it up.
R3n who?

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

MilkChan wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 02:22

RIP MSFN,
2001-2023
It was at the MSFN forum that I got to know Roytam1.
and everyone for the first time
and more software that still runs on XP
i have to thank everyone
I have to thank you too. You are one of the truly sane people that love to use XP, and therefore, I like you, and your contributions.

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

legacyfan wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 03:19 well its almost 12 and msfn is still down so I guess we can almost officially say its dead
Yeah, I noticed the same too, but like I wrote before, I wouldn't be surprised if (and I mean if) MSFN is shut down forever.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

mina7601 wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 17:17
legacyfan wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 03:19 well its almost 12 and msfn is still down so I guess we can almost officially say its dead
Yeah, I noticed the same too, but like I wrote before, I wouldn't be surprised if (and I mean if) MSFN is shut down forever.
that's why I said almost

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

legacyfan wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 17:19
mina7601 wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 17:17
that's why I said almost
Yes, I know. And to add to my post, I will also not cry about it.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

this thread can be removed if it's not needed anymore as I have moved on from msfn

Sajadi
Mood: Relaxed
Austria

Unread post by Sajadi »

Sorry to hear that it seems to be gone, it was quite a nice board with a nice community :(

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

Sajadi wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 16:18 Sorry to hear that it seems to be gone, it was quite a nice board with a nice community :(
If I am right, you are Saphir.
I almost agree with your statement.
I say "almost", because not all the members that I talked to there at MSFN were nice (I actually count the members that are genuinely nice and helpful), some have fought long arguments with me, and some are pretending to be calm, nice and kind-hearted (the 2 guys that did this along with "fought arguments with me" are: 2 guys (whose names start with "D") (one with France flag, and the other with Dutch flag, both run Vista x64), 1 guy (whose name start with "A", runs XP Pro x86) (with Germany flag) and 1 guy (whose name start with "m", runs XP Pro x86) (with French flag), so it's only a select few that were indeed nice. (with VistaLover and roytam1 being the first, since they are both always calm, kind-hearted, respected and nice)
Oh, and of course you too are calm, nice, respected and kind-hearted person!
Last edited by mina354 on 05 Jun 2023, 22:01, edited 9 times in total.

SatoshiHikari
United States of America

mina7601 wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 17:49
Sajadi wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 16:18 Sorry to hear that it seems to be gone, it was quite a nice board with a nice community :(
I say "almost", because not all the members that I talked to there were nice, some have fought arguments with me, and some are pretending to be calm, nice and kind-hearted, so it's only a select few that were indeed nice. (with VistaLover and roytam1 being the first, since they are both always calm, kind-hearted, respected and nice)

your one of the few nicest members from there

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

legacyfan wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 17:51
mina7601 wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 17:49
I say "almost", because not all the members that I talked to there were nice, some have fought arguments with me, and some are pretending to be calm, nice and kind-hearted, so it's only a select few that were indeed nice. (with VistaLover and roytam1 being the first, since they are both always calm, kind-hearted, respected and nice)

your one of the few nicest members from there
Thank you so much, this really means a lot to me. :)

Sajadi
Austria

Unread post by Sajadi »

mina7601 wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 17:49 If I am right, you are Saphir.
Yeah :) And well, in most communities there are also people around who constantly are troublemakers - to have a community with 100% of people to which everyone 100% agrees... that is certainly impossible :D

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

Sajadi wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 18:30
Yeah :)
Good to know that it's indeed you, because when I pronounced your name for the first time, it sounded Arabic to me, so I thought you were Arabic and a different person. :lol: Anyways, welcome to this forum! :)
Sajadi wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 18:30
And well, in most communities there are also people around who constantly are troublemakers - to have a community with 100% of people to which everyone 100% agrees... that is certainly impossible :D
That's how I describe MSFN, it's like: most of the time troublemakers and mean people causing trouble to forum members, and least of the time nice people being kind and helping forum members. I've edited my post to mention the examples of these mean people. I've had some members being friends on MSFN, but I lost some of them, with each friend having a different reason. I could mention them, only if you want.
Last edited by mina354 on 06 Jun 2023, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

mina354
Egypt

MSFN Gone But Not Forgotten

Unread post by mina354 »

MSFN is back up now, and I can access it normally.

Sajadi
Austria

Unread post by Sajadi »

mina354 wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 16:15 MSFN is back up now, and I can access it normally.
The question is for how long, it is depending on donations, and donation counter is empty right now...

mina354
Egypt

Unread post by mina354 »

Sajadi wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 19:07
mina354 wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 16:15 MSFN is back up now, and I can access it normally.
The question is for how long, it is depending on donations, and donation counter is empty right now...
Well, who knows. We already had a warning on (March 8, 2022) that MSFN would be closed due to lack of donations, but fortunately, MSFN didn't close at that time, since some kind souls have donated to MSFN, and MSFN continued to live since then...

mina354
Egypt

MSFN Is Back!

Unread post by mina354 »

Is it just me or is MSFN really inaccessible once again? I can't connect to it.
EDIT: Lol, it says 404 Not Found now? Really?
Last edited by mina354 on 20 Dec 2023, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

IXOYE
France

MSFN Is Back!

Unread post by IXOYE »

Hi
the MSFN Forum is completely inaccessible for me too with this message "Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server" :?

mina354
Egypt

MSFN Is Back!

Unread post by mina354 »

IXOYE wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 09:26 Hi
the MSFN Forum is completely inaccessible for me too with this message "Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server" :?
Thanks for confirming. So it's not an issue on my end, and that MSFN is really inaccessible.