Finding tweaks to get the most performance and lowest DPC latency

For projects that need help or topics that need research. Topics hard or impossible to find information on. Do not post basic help questions here.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

A while back, I watched this video, and made a note to make a thread about it after lowering DPC latency was mentioned. The video is a podcast type thing with a DAW Engineer from AAVIM Technology. They build digital audio workstations for customers. An important part of this is software tweaks to lower DPC latency as it interferes with audio playback. One of the big things mentioned is optimizations they do that they keep private.

Outside of audio workstations, DPC latency can be seen nearly everywhere. Opening programs, doing file searches, playing games, any task that does a lot of different stuff in a short amount of time, or heavily relies on user input. The idea behind this thread is to have a place for the community to submit optimizations, share with everyone, and hopefully have a similar, if not better list of tweaks.

Currently there is no organized thread for tweaking Windows in this way. It's split between readmes in my ISOs, the SSD tweaks thread, and the threads I really need to make for services. Other than this, I don't really have much more knowledge to contribute. When I get around to the services threads, I will make a megathread for these tweaks, with a basic explanation for each, and expected boost.

Please contribute, every little bit helps.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks

Duke

Unread post by Duke »

Article about DPC latency with free tools for checking your old and new computers: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/solving-dpc-latency-issues/