Improved Aero Snap and backported to XP

For projects that need help or topics that need research. Topics hard or impossible to find information on. Do not post basic help questions here.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

I've decided to split some ideas from the contributing post into their own topic, so I can better explain them in a single contained post. This is the Aero Snap replacement. I would really appreciate it if a program like this was made. It would improve the usability of older/newer Windows versions alike.

What I want is a tool that implements Aero Snap for XP/Vista, while also bringing the improvements from 10 like corner snapping. While also working with multiple monitors. If possible, a UNIX port or version would be cool, but is secondary to a Windows version.

There exists a few tools, but they're all bad, discontinued, or paid. I would want this to be a basic free and open source tool and compatible with XP-10.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks

splashy
Australia

Unread post by splashy »

have you tried altsnap? it's a fork of altdrag that works on NT 4 and above. it's pretty much the closest to what u want.
https://github.com/RamonUnch/AltSnap
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Unread post by K4sum1 »

It seems to have removed the snap functionality, which is the main thing I want.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks