Eclipse Community

Group Policy tweaking guide for Windows 7

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
First unread post
K4sum1
Post subject: Group Policy tweaking guide for Windows 7
+ Posted: 21 May 2024, 17:53
Lazy Owner

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but like with the services post, this is something I've also been meaning to do for years. There's probably a lot more to adjust that I don't know about. Please let me know if you know any others.

This post will go over Group Policy settings in Windows 7 that you can disable for more performance, privacy, and security. This list is based off of the upcoming Windows 7 Updated v5. (Link here when finished) Windows 8 and 10 have more policies to change, lists for those will come soon.

There is nothing that I know of that would allow for batch applying these. I think you can only manually apply these.

To apply these, you need to be running Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise. Lesser editions don't have access to Group Policy. To open the Group Policy Editor, press the windows key, type gpedit.msc, and press enter.

These two are less security focused and more how I prefer things to function. You can skip these if you want.
► Show Spoiler
These are more security focused and the main ones you should consider. Most of these should be self explanatory, so if any features happen to be broken after this, try searching for the name of what you're trying to use.
► Show Spoiler

I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Return to “Windows 7 & Server 2008 R2”
Jump to: