AMD hardware support for Win7

Aero ♡
Win10-Hater
India

Unread post by Win10-Hater »

Hello all, this is something that has been making my mind boggle. All of AMDs Ryzen CPUs (right from 1st gen Summit Ridge) officially support Windoze 10 and Linux only, but even the most recent AMD GPUs (e.g, Radeon RX 6700XT and 6800XT) support Win7 and have drivers for it on their official support page (yeah yeah I know Win7 can be installed on Ryzen processors and made to function properly with USB 3.0 and NVMe drivers integrated to the install media and installation of Wufuc, but this does not come under official, proper support.). What's the reason for this?
Huge fan of Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, XP, 2K, ME and Linux, especially Zorin Linux, Ubuntu, elementaryOS and Mint.
I hate Windows 10. I am the last person one could ever convince to downgrade to Windows 10.

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

It's probably microsoft pushing for this, they are the only one capable of such a move. Or AMD not bothering with microsoft due to stuff behind the scene, it could be anything really.

roytam1
Local Moderator
Hong Kong

Unread post by roytam1 »

because gaming in win7 is still important at the moment.

MassClaw

Unread post by MassClaw »

True as well, some companies are still sticking to the tradition and actually remain to get a bigger playerbase.