Stop whining about MSFN.

Important announcements and guidelines.
Kouto

Stop whining about MSFN.

Unread post by Kouto »

It's taken me a fucking week to get the moderators here to do anything about the fact much of the off-topic activity on this board was an MSFN bashfest that seemed to be forming among the regulars here. (Apparently the staff forum is invisible to anyone who isn't me.) Admittedly, I initially joined in with it in pure bandwagon-style and then backpedalled because it was a stupid idea, but whatever.

The off-topic forum is for off-topic discussion, not cross-site drama and backstabbing to happen. If you want to go on about drama, head over to Twitter or Discord or any of the other monopolising internet outlets that allow you to easily have a virtual, verbal punch-up. It's much more direct and intense typically, too.

I'd rather not have this board polluted by cross-site drama that ends up going further than necessary, and especially not have us be the root cause and instigators of it. I haven't even looked over there but I severely doubt they have equivalent threads on us or MyDigitalLife, so why do we need such a thing here just to 'prove a point'? Instigating drama will only escalate things further, and if you wanna wave goodbye to the community aspect of this site and have it become your boring, average tech site like literally every other computer forum out there (which typically would now be dead thanks to the users' combo of Discord+Twitter+Reddit monopolising most communities now anyway), then carry on.

The community aspect of this site amps up an advantage over other places and I'd like to keep that possible without deliberately creating potential external conflict.

Have a good day :P

docR
United States of America

Stop whining about MSFN.

Unread post by docR »

I propose we shake it up a bit and make this a bit more interesting. Perhaps the next repeated-offender in this slashfest can receieve a 3 day ban or something to that affect :D
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

legacyfan

Stop whining about MSFN.

Unread post by legacyfan »

i agree with this 100% we need to stop this kind of stuff from happening anymore and banning the person that does that is a good way to keep this from happening anymore :mrgreen:-legacyfan

CalmCreeper360
Russia

Stop whining about MSFN.

Unread post by CalmCreeper360 »

So MSFN is basically dead from what i can tell.
The same could be said for MDL.
Thats why i think everyone should focuse on this forum.
The Eclipse forum marks kinda a new beginning and i would love if more people from MSFN or MDL would switch to it.
So yeah i also kinda agree on that.
Its dead now and theres no point in whining about that.
Друштвени партнер компаније Застава Аутомобили, Крагујевац

docR
United States of America

Stop whining about MSFN.

Unread post by docR »

CalmCreeper360 wrote: 11 May 2021, 08:21 So MSFN is basically dead from what i can tell.
The same could be said for MDL.
Thats why i think everyone should focuse on this forum.
The Eclipse forum marks kinda a new beginning and i would love if more people from MSFN or MDL would switch to it.
So yeah i also kinda agree on that.
Its dead now and theres no point in whining about that.
It isn't dead, but that isn't the point of this post. Inflammatory threads about other communities that may potentially entice those other communities will not be tolerated, such threads will either be locked or removed. We aren't MSFN, so there's little reason to waste threads about it here. We are, in fact, much cooler than they are.
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7