Kouto

[Workaround] "Fix" for Discord and other modern bloat webapps in Centaury 0.16

Unread post by Kouto »

1) Open about:config
2) Add/edit these variables:

svg.in-content.enabled = true
dom.webcomponents.enabled = true

3) Restart the browser.

Anything seemingly relying on WebComponents - i.e. the 0.01% of websites that everyone seems to care about despite how much shit they seem to pull constantly on them - will work again.

As usual with Goanna-based and Firefox 52 based browsers that lack modern JavaScript engine stuff (ironically, Chrome 49 released over a year before has better rendering than FF52 in the html5test, and both beat RT1's Pale Moon 28.10), expect it to be slow, laggy and flicker like a broken lightbulb having a seizure even on a good PC after ten seconds of usage.

docR
United States of America

Unread post by docR »

Kouto wrote: 17 May 2021, 06:07 expect it to be slow, laggy and flicker like a broken lightbulb having a seizure even on a good PC after ten seconds of usage.
10 seconds? Perhaps your computer is better than mine then, because subjecting FF 52/similar's JS engine to that shit here goes full seizure mode in 1/10 of a second.
Precision 5810 - Xeon E5-1650 v3 | 16 GB | EVGA 970 | 840 Pro | 2 TB HGST | | 4 TB X300 | Vista-tweaked W7
Latitude e7250 - i7 5600U | HD 5500 | 16 GB | 250 GB mSATA | 1 TB My Passport | Vista-tweaked W7

Kouto

Unread post by Kouto »

Interestingly it's been like that since before FF57 even released. It made Discord unusable on Debian if you didn't use Chrome for a long time.