Windows 95B & 98SE on a Dimension 5100

DOS, but with a familiar GUI.
Iceman
United States of America

Windows 95B & 98SE on a Dimension 5100

Unread post by Iceman »

everything previous to this thread, refer to https://forum.eclipse.cx/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=167

(last post under "older windows discussion (win95 98 98se me)")
Kouto wrote: >Geforce 8600
They're a ticking timebomb. So are the 8800s, for what it's worth.
Apple being forced to extend the warranty on the 2008 MacBook Pro is actually the reason they hate nVIDIA: the faulty GPUs forced Crapple to allow the sheeple to get free repairs for longer instead of the usual charging absurd prices for asinine support.
I dug around this afternoon and found the video card in question. Turns out, it's a GTX 7800, original equipment to my circa 2005 Dell XPS 600 behemoth, custom crafted for that specific chassis. I can mod it no problem to fit a general application, in this "case", the Dell 5100.
One problem, I couldn't locate a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, so that's been ordered and will arrive this week. After so, likely the weekend, I'll attempt it and see where I get. You can guarantee I will post the updates.

You speak of the MacBook, to which I have never owned one or an Apple product. Interestingly enough, out of all the stocks I own, I profited the most from Apple last year... a pandemic year as we all know. Asinine support, I've also known well.

Thanks for the opportunity to post about such ridiculous and outdated material, and the XPS 600 will be next. I feel alive :)
Desktop: Core i7-6700K OC, GeForce GTX 970 SC, Win Pro 7/10 x64; Laptop: Core i7-3632QM, Win 7 x64