Windows 8.1 x64 (Build 9600) transformed into Windows 8 Consumer Preview - pack + instructions

Customizing Windows, Linux, etc.
Win10-Hater
India

Windows 8.1 x64 (Build 9600) transformed into Windows 8 Consumer Preview - pack + instructions

Unread post by Win10-Hater »

Hello Eclipse!
Now I am here with a pack to help transform Windows 8.1 into Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The instructions are as follows:

Firstly, install the theme patch. The app, after installation, may ask for your permission to reboot.
Reboot the computer.
Then, install Aero Glass.
Now, install the theme using the script provided in the theme folder..
NOTE: Before installation of the theme, go through the README file in the theme folder without fail, which details some instructions to be followed before installing the theme.
Install Classic Shell and install the Win7Like skin by going to the application folder > Skins and pasting the file there.
Change the start button to the Windows 7 one. The BMP file is in the "Windows 7 Pack'' folder.
Select the skin in Classic Shell Skin settings and follow these instructions:
Under Glass Color Intensity, choose Low opacity.
Check the boxes 'White sub-menus', '7 glass separators', '7 orange shield shutdown update image', '7 blue box shutdown update image', '7 scrollbar', 'Original scroll buttons look', 'Original glass selectors' and 'Programs tree indented'.
Under Glass reflections, choose None.
Go to Classic Shell Menu Look settings and check 'Enable Aero Glass'.
Install OldNewExplorer and follow these instructions:
Check ''Use classic drive grouping in This PC'', ''Show libraries, hide folders from This PC'', All options under
''Use command bar instead of Ribbon'' except for ''Use alternate navigation buttons style'', and ''Show details pane on the bottom''.
You may also check ''Show status bar'' but I prefer to leave it unchecked.
Then, you can install the Classic Task Manager and MSCONFIG app.

OPTIONAL: If you hate the charms bar and want a clean, desktop-like look, use WinAero Charms Bar Kiler, set it to kill the charms bar and hot corners and make it run at every startup. You may also download and install the Windows 7 Games for Windows 8+ and 8GadgetPack, but I haven't included them in my pack.

Pack : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zzew66o8lgsmndi/Windows+8.1+x64+(Build+9600)+to+Windows+8+Consumer+Preview+pack.zip/file
Once you are done with the transformation, post your modified Windows 8.1 desktops here!
Huge fan of Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, XP, 2K, ME and Linux, especially Zorin Linux, Ubuntu, elementaryOS and Mint.
I hate Windows 10. I am the last person one could ever convince to downgrade to Windows 10.