Windows XP/2003 (NT 5.2) Updated (Beta 2)

Have a custom Windows ISO you want to share? This is the place.
Note: Do not provide ISOs that are 'pre-cracked' or found to contain malware.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Windows XP/2003 (NT 5.2) Updated (Beta 2)

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Main Info

These ISOs are released in a beta state. They mostly work, but don't have all the features I want yet, or can be buggy. For example, the USB 3 drivers aren't the best, only 2003 x86 has UDF 2.5 drivers, 2003 x86 doesn't recognize new USB devices without rebooting with stock USB drivers, RNDIS seems to not work for some reason, no integrated VC++ yet, and probably more issues or missing features.

https://archive.org/details/windows-xp-2003-updated

These are all releases of NT 5.2 with the latest updates, patched ACPI, .NET, exFAT, UDF 2.5 (x86 only for now), universal AHCI, universal NVMe, universal eMMC (untested), universal USB 3 (might not work depending on your machine), and more.

There is also a services tweaking guide here (add link), doing this will reduce the amount of background services and improve both performance and security. (I actually was going to have it with a tweaked services config out of the box, but that caused issues. Yell at me to make a guide sometime if I still haven't gotten to it.)

Q&A

Q: Why not use XP2ESD

A: I hate myself. For real though, I don't like how it uses the 10 setup when 8.1 setup would be completely fine, if not better. I also kinda prefer the XP setup.

Q: Why are the USB 3 drivers not the best?

A: There aren't any reliable universal USB 3 drivers yet. I'm not going to integrate 50 different USB 3 drivers either. I'm waiting for the ReactOS USB 3 driver to exist.

Q: Why is UDF 2.5 support only in 2003 x86?

A: For XP/2003 x86, a Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver exists, it's in the form of a basic inf and can just be right clicked and installed. It was easy to integrate. For XP/2003 x64, all I can find is a Panasonic/Matsushita UDF 2.5 driver that you need to run an installer for, and I can't seem to find any inf in the installer files or in the Windows directory after installing. I have no idea how it gets UDF 2.5 working, and therefore I can't integrate it. If you can figure it out or make an inf, it would be appreciated.

Legal. (Please don't sue.)

The updates and integrated .NET, IE8, and more belong to Microsoft and the developers there that created them.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Please don't sue me.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks