Trying to find fully working NVMe driver for Windows 7 with SMART

For projects that need help or topics that need research. Topics hard or impossible to find information on. Do not post basic help questions here.
K4sum1
Lazy Owner
United States of America

Trying to find fully working NVMe driver for Windows 7 with SMART

Unread post by K4sum1 »

Basically the 7 NVMe driver added with updates does work pretty well, but SMART does not work. This means if you check Crystal Disk Info, the SSD does not appear in it.

The Phison driver does work with SMART, but disk checking (at boot) is an issue. The disk checking part does work fine, but it fails to write the log, and just repeats this message until a reboot.

I haven't tried any other driver, nor do I really have a test system I could try. I don't have a spare NVMe. I don't want to do anything on my main PC as I don't want to break my main or secondary Windows installs. I haven't found any virtualized NVMe that doesn't bork Windows 7. Not sure how to test other drivers. Also not sure how to force a disk check at boot without improper shutdown, which I don't want to do to my main PC in case I lose data or something goes wrong. If anyone can test this, please do.

These are untested drivers I've found on the recommended storage drivers thread on Win-Raid. If I missed a driver that could work please let me know.

SiliconMotion NVMe drivers:
These seem to be generic, should just work with any SSD.

Samsung NVMe drivers:
These have a modified inf, but I think the sys file is untouched. 7 should be able to just install it with an unsigned prompt. If any issues occur though installing the included certificate should fix it.

Intel NVMe drivers:
These aren't generic in regards to the inf, but should be able to be force installed with have disk on any SSD.

Please let me know if any of these fully work with SMART and disk checking and don't have any other weird issues.
I don't know what I'm doing hit album by Brad Sucks